PD give us longer races with street cars

  • Thread starter Thread starter Sele1981
  • 9 comments
  • 1,021 views
Messages
2,729
Messages
Sele1981
Ok I dont open new threads very often but this is bugging me... And I hope PD take a look in forums and implement some ideas...

I like to race with street cars, more than with supercars... I like to race with fast street cars like the Scuderia for example. In the expert series, there are really interesting races. For example the Ferrari race in Monza... I really love this race and it is very challenging if you race with the Scuderia 👍 Finished 3 rd after 6-8 trys...

Unfortunately these races are too short. I don´t get any race feeling with only 3 laps... Ok now you can say, there are those long distance races but they are a bit too long (150 laps and more) and almost only with supercars... (can we save in the long distance races?)...

I mean, I would love to race against 16 other murcielagos in an event that has 20 laps on Monza for example. You start last and must get first in those 20 laps... Or something similar...

As I can judge now (on Level 15), there are really less races in GT5 than in GT4. Ok if there are more races, please dont spoil it, I want to find it out by myself ;)

So there are much less races than in GT4, then at least they must make the events longer...

I really enjoyed the longer races in FM3... There are a lot of races with street cars and 10-20 laps...

Really, 3 laps are way too short...

Sorry for my bad grammar 👍
 
I agree. I'm surprise how short some of the races are especially since GT series has been more about street cars than supercars. I do remember though Fm3 were hammered in one review (maybe more ) for having too many long races. I saw it as a good thing.
 
Well if one lap is .. lets just say around 3 minuts...

thats 30-60 minut PER race?

Sure i like long races too, but i also like short races. 20 laps of the same can get kinda boring.. imo
 
Yeah, but even if they'd make it 5 laps you have way better race feeling.
 
Well if one lap is .. lets just say around 3 minuts...

thats 30-60 minut PER race?

Sure i like long races too, but i also like short races. 20 laps of the same can get kinda boring.. imo

Yeah ok but for example, 1 lap in Monza take ~1:50 (or 2:00 I dont remember) with the scuderia... I mean 5-6 mins. are too short for such great (special (special for me) events...

Ok It can get boring with some Mini´s or so but we´ve got Lambo and Ferrari in the game now and I really love such events where only German or Italian cars are allowed and for me, it´s a waste if these events are such short...

For 3 laps you get 20.000 Cr.
For 20 laps you can get 100.000 Cr. that must be motivating enough ;)
 
I wonder if in GT5 they included the same European Events races such as the one in GT4 called 10,000 miles! racing with slow cars.
 
Their isn't many moderate distance races. They should have a lot more events in this game, with a lot more modifiers of what is allowed. The one make races are always these terrible cars. They have an awful sense of "fun". Racing with some slow cars is torture. And racing sometimes where you have to have skid force ON is more than annoying. I just don't get the choices PD made. Why can't they let us FULLY pick what we want our racing experience to be.
 
ah hrm... Arcardemode... Tada!

You can set what ever you want. Ok, you don´t get credits or exps but much fun and that is what its all about. Oh and don´t forget online, there will be some epic 10 round suzuka battles and more.
 
Here's a tip:

GT Life Mode > Practice > A Spec One Make > Set Laps

K?
 
Not everyone wants to do endurance races. I like the length of these races. Most street cars can't handle more then 5-10 laps before lots of components start to heat up or get to hot to function properly.
 
Back