PD is censoring Christianity in GT Sport!!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Slovakia
Slovakia
dawko-san
Well colour me shocked. I have stumbled upon this scape of a Christian church and found out that PD blurred the images of Jesus and Pope. I think censoring something so deeply embedded in history of Italy which is pretty much the hearth of Christianity is very rude. Why did they create this shot with the church in the first place just so they could censor these signs?? I don't get it and I am very sad about this.
I don't mind seeing Buddha in Asian countries or muslim signs in Arabia. It's naturally a part of the countries and a part of their culture.

What do you guys think about this?

Attachments

• 20171028122855.jpg
    20171028122855.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 685
Thats the world we live in. If they left it in there some wackjob would complain. For example here in NJ right now there is a case in the southern part of the state where the naacp is going after a man for having a SCARECROW hanging as part of his halloween display. The world is in a ridiculous state right now. Too much hypersensitivity.

That's ridiculous indeed. Unless the Pope and the Vatican were contacted about this and said "no, we don't want out religious symbols portrayed in a videogame".

Edit: You could imagine people creating liveries saying "The pope and jesus suck" with an arrow pointing up and then placing the car on that scape and sharing it everywhere. Personally I'm a free speech absolutist and an atheist who doesn't really care about it, but yeah, companies do and that's how the world works.

That's ridiculous indeed. Unless the Pope and the Vatican were contacted about this and said "no, we don't want out religious symbols portrayed in a videogame".

Edit: You could imagine people creating liveries saying "The pope and jesus suck" with an arrow pointing up and then placing the car on that scape and sharing it everywhere. Personally I'm a free speech absolutist and an atheist who doesn't really care about it, but yeah, companies do and that's OK.

I suspect this is the case, I remember a friend who works at Ubisoft telling me that they needed permission from the Vatican to use Vatican City part of Rome, Rodrigo Borgia and several locations in Assassin's Creed Brotherhood.

More to do with the way in which that particular building is handling it's facade in terms of copyright. I'd say it's a similar scenario to the kart-track that was taken out of GT5/GT6 for copyright reasons.

Edit: You could imagine people creating liveries saying "The pope and jesus suck" with an arrow pointing up and then placing the car on that scape and sharing it everywhere. Personally I'm a free speech absolutist and an atheist who doesn't really care about it, but yeah, companies do and that's how the world works.

Very plausible scenarios.

It would be interesting to see if any religious things were censored from the Portugal section of scapes, Portugal being quite a religious country, Steeped in history related to both Christianity and Islam.

Being Portuguese, from Porto, I didn't see anything like it yet. All scapes are uncensored. :) Which is cool! Porto is filled with churches, monasteries and other religious references.

If they received a warning for copyright infringement and were given an ultimatum to blur parts of this particular location, you have to wonder why PD didn't just scrap this scape.

If you have the means to include 1,017 incredible locations, why would you waste a few of them by having to blur out content, rendering the scape pretty useless. Better to opt for scapes that doesn't include people and symbols in the first place so you won't risk the chance of any backlash.

Last edited:
Imo maybe PD didn't want to get in trouble with religious act. Or as being said above, permission is needed.

I likely more concerned if some people brave enough to create offensive livery, vowing about sensitive topics, just like @zzz_pt said. PD should implementing a "parental control" against these kind of livery, before it's too late.

Being Portuguese, from Porto, I didn't see anything like it yet. All scapes are uncensored. :) Which is cool! Porto is filled with churches, monasteries and other religious references.

All scapes? Then try this one, I don't have the ID of the scape but it's one in Rome.

I think it's only fair. If Mohammed gets censored, let's censor all religious icons. In fact, let's do away with them all together. We could have our own icons. With blackjack. And hookers.

Also, significant monetary donations to Imari will be rewarded with everlasting life. And virgins. And...elephant tentacles, if that's your thing. Sign up now and you'll also receive this set of steak knives! Only $9.95, plus $99.95 postage and packaging! What a deal!

P.S. I may have been having a little drinky.

I think it's only fair. If Mohammed gets censored, let's censor all religious icons. In fact, let's do away with them all together. We could have our own icons. With blackjack. And hookers.

Also, significant monetary donations to Imari will be rewarded with everlasting life. And virgins. And...elephant tentacles, if that's your thing. Sign up now and you'll also receive this set of steak knives! Only $9.95, plus $99.95 postage and packaging! What a deal!

P.S. I may have been having a little drinky.

Where has Mohammed been censored in the game?

If they were really censoring Christianity then there would be no churches or religious iconography in the game at all, which is clearly not the case. They have merely blurred out two pictures, & their motives for doing so remain a mystery. I find no benefit in making assumptions as to why they have done that.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back