PD kills off more fun in app update

Status
Not open for further replies.
United States
Port Washington
GTP_skeeter23
I realize this tchnically should be in the course creator section but I wanted to put it here for those who don't venture in there but do use the CM app.

PD has decided to "fix" the undulation "problem" when anchor points are positioned in a particular way:

Screenshot_2015-12-18-16-14-34.png

This means:

No more new jump tracks.
No more moto/rallycross tracks (my specialty with rally cars).
No more rough and undulated sections in tracks.
No more sudden elevation changes of any sort.

Congratulations PD you've finally taken away the one last thing that was keeping GT6 anywhere near my PS3.

I will not be going anywhere near this update, thank god I had it set to NOT auto update. I will test to see if it still works without the update when I can and report back. Thanks again Kaz... for spoiling the fun.

I realize this tchnically should be in the course creator section but I wanted to put it here for those who don't venture in there but do use the CM app.

PD has decided to "fix" the undulation "problem" when anchor points are positioned in a particular way:

View attachment 493461

This means:

No more new jump tracks.
No more moto/rallycross tracks (my specialty with rally cars).
No more rough and undulated sections in tracks.
No more sudden elevation changes of any sort.

Congratulations PD you've finally taken away the one last thing that was keeping GT6 anywhere near my PS3.

I will not be going anywhere near this update, thank god I had it set to NOT auto update. I will test to see if it still works without the update when I can and report back. Thanks again Kaz... for spoiling the fun.

Their plan was to fix random bumps which were caused by having multiple points near each other, this was so the race tracks we build have a smoother surface if you will. I don't think Kaz or PD purpose intended to make jump tracks.

If anything just don't update or reinstall the old version of the app, I'm sure it'd stil work

Ok, well I can agree that the corners were a big problem, and I can certainly understand the HUGE jump tracks that seem to be everywhere never being intended... but they've tapered off some online, let the kiddies have their fun what the hell? Not my bag but whatever.

Did this really happen that long ago? If so that just shows how little I play now I guess... :(

If PD is smart, they would add an option to toggle between the anchors following the topography exactly (pre-update) or smoothening between anchors (post-update).

It's the same with the latest game update that fixed custom tracks in Championships. If PD is smart, they would add a Championship Generator with custom/existing tracks. But nope, they just patched a potentially fun loophole that doesn't harm anyone.

PD is seriously lacking in creativity (but they gave us a Moon buggy, go figure...)

The older version of the CM app still works with creating jumps, and works with the latest version of the game, so it's still possible to make jump tracks.

If PD is smart, they would add an option to toggle between the anchors following the topography exactly (pre-update) or smoothening between anchors (post-update).

It didn't follow the terrain pre-update. In fact, the editor is probably not even aware of the terrain in between anchor points, and instead it's using an interpolation algorithm to generate the road between the anchors. Pre-update, this algorithm resulted in a wave if the anchors were at different height, and the closer the anchors the more extreme the wave.

But yeah, an option to change between different interpolation modes would be nice, ideally for individual segments.

I get it... PD never intended the ap to work this way. Just like they never intended the CM tracks to be able to be used in a Championship.

But dammit give us some of these options that are clearly possible and then you wouldn't have to chase "fixes" all the time because people would actually have what they want anyway.

I get it, I really do, but darnit the only way this game is fun anymore is when it's "broken"... and need I remind anyone of the sort of hardcore fanboi of this series I've been since pre-release of GT1?

Glad to hear it still works without the update. I " may" make another track or two. Idk we'll see I guess.

I get it... PD never intended the ap to work this way. Just like they never intended the CM tracks to be able to be used in a Championship.

But dammit give us some of these options that are clearly possible and then you wouldn't have to chase "fixes" all the time because people would actually have what they want anyway.

I get it, I really do, but darnit the only way this game is fun anymore is when it's "broken"... and need I remind anyone of the sort of hardcore fanboi of this series I've been since pre-release of GT1?

Glad to hear it still works without the update. I " may" make another track or two. Idk we'll see I guess.

Yes GT6 may not have many things to do but you can't blame PD for fixing things that shouldn't happen if they're fun. I'm not sure about you, a "hardcore fanboi" but I still enjoy the driving aspect of GT which is obviously a big part, I find it more fun than meaningless jumps or racing against AI even if it's on my own track.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back