PD needs to use their checkbook

  • Thread starter Thread starter 2005McLarenF1
  • 24 comments
  • 930 views
Messages
365
God if only PD would write a fat check to each of these companies (Ferrari, Lamborghini, Porsche, McLaren, and Pontiac) they would outsell NFS and any other racing game out there... how awesome would it be to have an High School Racer series consisting of the Camaro, Mustang, and the Firebird... Italian Avant Garde would be sweet if Diablos were in it... a RUF vs. Porsche dual.... Ferrari vs. Porsche in a rivalry race... and the McLaren to match the Escudo in speed and kill it in looks. Damnit PD do us a favor in 4 and use persuasion with dead presidents. The only thing i can think is perhaps EA and whoever makes Project Gotham has a contract which would be really depressing.
 
I have a bad feeling that you're gonna get some mad/long replies from the members here. (IMO)

BTW - This topic has been discussed alot of time I think.

This is what I think about this : EA holds the licensing for the cars you mentioned, and it's quite imposibble to have them in the GT series. Unless EA lose the license and it's up for grabs again, just hope that PD would buy them.

.Edit. = You mean 'cheque book' ? I was thinking what the hell is checkbook.
 
Heh, I agree - Holden need a bit of enticement from the way of PD.

If only Holden weren't so loyal to NFS. :mad:
 
STICK NFS!!!:mad:

EA sucks give PD the rights to use these cars:banghead:
 
Originally posted by VIPERGTSR01
STICK NFS!!!:mad:

EA sucks give PD the rights to use these cars:banghead:
I agree.

I also don't see why manufacturers can't have deals with more than one developer. :mad:
 
Originally posted by SandStorm
I agree.

I also don't see why manufacturers can't have deals with more than one developer. :mad:

because companys like EA make sure they cant buy throwing money and lies, like "give us a long term licence, NFS is going to be the best racing game ever nothing will compare".

EA is a big company that buys a dozen or more licences, but PD has to but many many more which is very expensive.
 
Originally posted by VIPERGTSR01
because companys like EA make sure they cant buy throwing money and lies, like "give us a long term licence, NFS is going to be the best racing game ever nothing will compare".

EA is a big company that buys a dozen or more licences, but PD has to but many many more which is very expensive.
It's definitely annoying, isn't it?

EA spout a wholelot of bull****, I wouldn't trust EA as far as I could spit them (this from a bloke who has NFS 3 and 4). ;)
 
I have NFS 1, 2, 3
played NFS 4 demo and didnt like it much (my favorite is NFS 1)
 
I don't want any more NFS games, I found them quite boring. How disappointing. :grumpy:
 
i found that NFS 1 in its day was sort of a simulation car game
but i find all the new NFS's are arcade type games, which i dont like

and yes they get boring fast, for me anyway
 
Yeah I don't like the new NFS games. They are boring.
 
We should go on a sniper mission, ill get the south side of the EA building, SS your get the north, VIPERGTS you get the west,and whoever wants to join in meet us there at twenty hundred hours! Find the publisher and KILL
:p:p:p:p:p:p:p
 
..or you could just infiltrate EA HQ and steal the licenses and then give them to PD.
 
Originally posted by 2005McLarenF1
God if only PD would write a fat check to each of these companies (Ferrari, Lamborghini, Porsche, McLaren, and Pontiac) they would outsell NFS and any other racing game out there... how awesome would it be to have an High School Racer series consisting of the Camaro, Mustang, and the Firebird... Italian Avant Garde would be sweet if Diablos were in it... a RUF vs. Porsche dual.... Ferrari vs. Porsche in a rivalry race... and the McLaren to match the Escudo in speed and kill it in looks. Damnit PD do us a favor in 4 and use persuasion with dead presidents. The only thing i can think is perhaps EA and whoever makes Project Gotham has a contract which would be really depressing.

sony would probably write up the contract.
 
Originally posted by Hyperion
..or you could just infiltrate EA HQ and steal the licenses and then give them to PD.

id rather kill them because they have a whole bunch of money..they would just buy another:mad:
 
We had a house full on the weekend so the kids were on the PS2 and me and a mate were on the Computers.

We loaded NFS HP2.

It is a totally different game to GT games. The tracks are open road and very windy. Pity about the physics engine and the lack of steering.

Damage modelling was there but didn't seem to slow the cars. Had bits falling off the Lambos.

I don't see the games as direct competitors. NFS is easy to get into. GT takes a while.

Sure Polyphony have to pay for the licenses but they seem to pander the Japanese makes so I assume they don't pay the full license fee in money if you get my drift.

If Polyphony were not a Japanese company they would try harder for foreign makes. But it is a Japanese game so I doubt they will get out any fat chequebooks.

This is no criticism just my observations. For me NFSHP2 was a nice change of scenery but certainly not a long term pasttime.
 
I really like NFS HP2... its a badass game and I wont deny it. But EA makes me mad, they have license to pontiac i believe (it was in a previous game of theirs...) and they dont use what they have. GO DIE! People like Firebirds and TAs... If only they could merge their license agreements. I love the get money buy cars in GT but i like having whatever car u need until u unlock a new one like NFS. Whats depressing is all 5 i mentioned are owned by EA and 3 are owned by Project Gotham... come on PD u could at least strike deals on Porsche, Ferrari, and Lamborghini... for the fans.
 
im supprised enouf people buy nfs'ses for them to keep going
then again
juz have lambo mclarin bmw mercades pontiac... those 30
or all the cars there are now all 190ish im gonna have to say 190ish
 
Originally posted by under18carbon
:irked: Don't say that!!! IMO, EA creates some of the best videogames I've played on my PS2 and PC.

... in the subject of racing ... NO WAY
 
NFS : HP2 for the PS2 was awesome IMO, every NFS game EA has managed to cut is excellent. You guys just seem to hate them because they have the licenses for Ferrari, Lamborghini, Porsches etc. :lol:
 
Back