PD should Unlock Cockpit view Wobbling Option in PSVR2

• Thread starter MARC BOLAN
  • 18 comments
biben
GT7 PSVR2 cockpit view Wobbling is Lock in Type 2 , add extra head movement to player. It is the cause of motion sickness in my case .
I hope PD consider to let player choose the wobbling type in future update .

Attachments

• IMG_0664.jpeg
    IMG_0664.jpeg
    89.6 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_0665.jpeg
    IMG_0665.jpeg
    88.4 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_0666.jpeg
    IMG_0666.jpeg
    37.6 KB · Views: 12
GT7 PSVR2 cockpit view Wobbling is Lock in Type 2 , add extra head movement to player. It is the cause of motion sickness in my case .
I hope PD consider to let player choose the wobbling type in future update .
I’m not sure about the VR but normally you have to be actually on the track to be able to adjust those settings. 🍻

I don't get what your pictures are proving.

I'm pretty sure there is no wobble with the PSVR2.

Wobbling Type 1 is camera with stabilised , type 2 is without stabilised . PSVR2 in GT7 no this option for player , it’s locked in type 2 can’t be change.

I’m not sure about the VR but normally you have to be actually on the track to be able to adjust those settings. 🍻
Yes you can change in normal mode, but PSVR2 locked this option all the way.

This video explained what I said

Last edited:
The issue in that video is important. I refuse to do that track now because of the banking. It feels wrong and difficult.
I dont know what it would be like if it was unlocked, maybe it would feel wrong in a different way for motion sickness but you could drive the car more normally perhaps.

Or it maybe best if we as VR users tilt our own heads to deal with the banking, but this needs the game to be adjusted to how the head tilt reacts in the cockpit as it doesnt quite get the positioning right when the car tilts on the bank compared to where the head is. Or it might need our physical seats to tilt with us, thats why it probably feels weird too. Putting aside the whole gravity and whatnot forces going wrong for our brains.

Yeah... I hate that they won't give us the option. PD hasn't really done much with VR functionality since it's release, it makes me think Sony forced them to do it.

Yeah... I hate that they won't give us the option. PD hasn't really done much with VR functionality since it's release, it makes me think Sony forced them to do it.
Sounds really similar to how it went with VR1 on the PS4.

Daytona is the only track where this is really a problem because of the extreme banking. I just tilt my head a little and is doesn't really bother me. I don't know if they can even fix that as it may screw up something else on other tracks. I have to say I do like the way the car rotates in game though. I feel it almost gives you the feeling as if you were in a motion rig.

I can see where it may give some people motion sickness. But that also happens to some when they use VR regardless of the game they're playing. My sister suffers with migraines and she can't do VR for very long. I can race for hours in VR and don't have any issues. Some people are just wired differently.

Sounds really similar to how it went with VR1 on the PS4.
Thats not the end of the world as that can suggest we can get a VR3 in the future.
One set of VR hardware per console generation. Sony can persist.
Lets evolve this thing until we forget reality!

Last edited:
Thats not the end of the world as that can suggest we can get a VR3 in the future.
One set of VR hardware per console generation. Sony can persist.
Lets evolve this thing until we forget reality!
It should still be updated/made better during its active lifespan though, like any other modern tech device. VR works well for driving games, so it’s kind of a waste for PD to not make the most of it.

I'm someone who has always been highly sensitive to motion sickness. When first-person shooters started to become popular it could get really bad for me and because of that I always preferred 3rd person games.

I had issues early on when I first purchased the Oculus Quest 2. I eventually was fine with every game I owned on that platform and overcoming the issues in some cases was due to a setting change or how I moved my character.

When I got the PSVR2 I suffered when playing Horizon Call of the Mountain, but eventually learned how to manage that. With that game, it was less about a setting change. What worked for me was taking a break every 15-20 minutes. I don't mean to take a break by leaving the game. But I would stop moving my character and find myself a visual point off in the distance. Like a mountain top miles away. I would focus on that mountain top for a couple of minutes. Then I could carry on for another 15-20 minutes without getting motion sickness. That game was totally worth doing anything I could to combat the motion sickness.

I have been able to play GT7 for upwards of 6 hours straight without any issues. I just sort of skimmed through this thread. I plan to watch the video above, read through all the comments, and do some testing today and will report back if I have any tips or suggestions.

That your view is locked to be horizontal to the horizon and having the car rotate around you is one of the things I really wish PD would give us the option so change when playing in VR.

Take the Mercedes Online TT we're doing right now. Cut over the sausage kerb on the right before you come to the start/finish straight and you'll have the car roll onto it's roof with you still sitting locked to the horizon staring up at the floor.

Also I don't understand why we aren't able to manually adjust our seating position in the car but have to move our head irl and then reset the view only to have it reset back every time you go to track or exit the pits.

And I would love is to be able to bind a "reset" button on the wheel that doesn't pause the game/open the options screen as it does when you have to hold the options button.
And while they're at it they could let us bind a button to show/hide the hud while driving and it would be great if they would let us see atleast the deltas to the race leader and car Infront/behind.

I can't play GT7 without my VR headset since I bought it but there really are some things that PD could improve on.

Ok so I watched the video and I think I have a more clear understanding of what you are requesting. The funny thing is what you are requesting is a setting that would make motion sickness 10x more likely. It is not the cause of your motion sickness.

Motion sickness happens when the movement you see is different from what your inner ear senses. You are asking for the image you see on the screen to increase the movement and be more wobbly when you go over bumps and curbs. But in your home, your body is not physically going over bumps and curbs. I promise that having the setting you are asking for will give you motion sickness much faster.

I believe the reason they have it locked that way is because 67% of the population is sensitive. If anyone reading this has never experienced motion sickness, you are motion-privileged. If you ever become famous you may want to come back and delete any negative comments on the subject before they try to cancel you. :lol:

All jokes aside I do agree with the video that the issue with the banking on Daytona is a problem and should have been fixed by now. I also agree with the video where he says there should be a setting with an asterisk. @Exoil had comments I agree with as well. I think VR should trigger a default recommended setting, and then changing the settings away from that could just come with a warning about motion sickness. Other games do this where they have multiple settings that deal with motion sickness and comfort alongside warnings to help educate those who are sensitive and less sensitive.

• At the start of EVERY session go to quick VR settings and select Adjust Visibility. Make sure you have the headset attached to you in the ideal sweet spot and that your IPD dial is in the perfect spot.
  • At the start of EVERY session go to quick VR settings and select Eye Tracking>Enable Eye Tracking. Do the eye test. This serves 2 purposes. It ensures that the foveated rendering in the PSVR2 is working at its optimum level and properly balancing your central and peripheral vision. Also doing eye tests like this helps with your overall vision. Source
  • If you start to feel nausea come on, take a break as soon as you feel the slightest bit of queasiness. And by break, I mean to remove the headset, take a drink of water, and then sit or stand back at the spot you are playing. Find a point in your play area or room that is furthest away from you and focus your vision on that spot for 2 minutes. Then return to your game. Repeat this every 15-20 minutes. You can train your body to be less sensitive but you mustn't push yourself until it is unbearable. Taking frequent breaks before it gets bad is the key here.
- In real life, you are more likely to get motion sickness in a car while riding in the back seat. Why? Because you are more likely to notice the motion from the side windows in your peripheral than you are to be looking straight ahead at the road in front of you. Try sitting in the back seat and only look out the side window and see how quickly you get motion sickness. So keep this in mind when playing GT7. Avoid the excitement of checking out the track and looking at the fireworks or something that is not the road straight ahead of you. The more you allow the motion in your peripheral to come to your attention the more likely you are to experience motion sickness.

- In Horizon Call of the Mountain what worked for me was every 15-20 minutes I would stop moving my character and find a mountain that I could see but that appeared to be many miles away. I would pick a point on top of that mountain I could focus on and then stare at that point for 2 minutes. Then I would carry on for another 15-20 minutes and take another break. So in GT7, you could go into time trial mode for the track that is giving you the most issues. Drive for 15-20 minutes or as soon as you start to feel a slight unease in your stomach. Whichever happens first. At that time, stop the vehicle and find a point off in the distance to focus on in front of you. Stare at that point off in the distance for 2 minutes and then continue driving again. Doing this for 1-2 hour sessions daily and you likely will work your way up to it not being an issue at all anymore.

Also I don't understand why we aren't able to manually adjust our seating position in the car but have to move our head irl and then reset the view only to have it reset back every time you go to track or exit the pits.
It's especially baffling because we could make this adjustment with the PSVR1 in Sport.

Last edited:
Back