[PDSCC] Polyphony Digital Sportscar ChallengeDraft 

• Thread starter die996
  • 4 comments

die996

(Banned)
Spain
Spain
Welcome to the very first thread of the inaugural Polyphony Digital Sportscar Challenge, a racing series partially based in the real-life IMSA Continental Tyre Sportscar Challenge. Here you will find a draft of the series information and regulations. I am starting this to see if there is enough interest to have a fullsize field.

1.Homologated cars
Grand sport
(GS)
· Aston Martin DB9*
· BMW M3 Coupe Chrome
· Chevrolet Camaro SS
· Dodge Challenger SRT8
· Ford Mustang Boss 302
· Jaguar XFR*
· Mercedes-Benz C63 AMG
· RUF RGT

All cars with over 500pp (the ones with the * symbol) should add ballast until the car has 500pp or less. The available tyres for the racing will be sports medium and intermediates.

Street tuner (ST)
Alfa Romeo 147 GTA
Audi A3 Quattro
Chrysler Crossfire
Ford Focus ST
Honda Civic Type-R 2008
Infiniti G35 Sedan
Mitsubishi Eclipse GT 2006*
Renault Megane RS
Volkswagen Golf VI R
Volvo C30R

All cars with over 430pp (the ones with the * symbol) should add ballast until the car has 500pp or less. The available tyres for the racing will be sports hard and intermediates.

1.1 Upgrades
The only upgrades available for the teams are fully customisable suspension, fully customisable transmission and fully customisable LSD. Anything else is entirely forbidden.

1.2 Driving aids
Only aids allowed are automatic transmission, TCS to 1 and ABS to 1

2.Events
· Daytona International Speedway
· Suzuka Circuit
· Mount Panorama Motor racing circuit
· Grand Valley Speedway
· Eiger Nordwand K trail (dirt tyres!!!)
· Nurburgring 24h circuit
· Silverstone International
· Twin Ring Motegi
· Sierra Time Rally
· Brands Hatch GP

All races will be 45 minutes long except for Eiger Nordwand, which will be a special 3-lap race, and Brands Hatch GP, which will be 2,4 hours long with a 10x accelerated time.

2.1 Possible time schedule
Weekdays with a start after 19:30 CET
OR
Fridays or saturday late nights or even past midnight

3.Format of events
An optional qualifying session will be held right before every race. The start will be in a manually-formed grid and all GS cars will start up front with the ST a couple of lines behind except for the Eiger Nordwand race.
The Eiger Nordwand race will be held in 2 separate heats, one per class, with no qualifying session. The event is reminiscence of a championship time trial the series once held during the Pikes Peak International Hillclimb event.

4.Competitors
Each car will be entered by a team. Each team can use up to 3 main drivers during the season (no drivers' championship!!!). For the Brands Hatch GP enduro, each team must use one of their main drivers plus a secondary driver of their choice.

5.Points system
10-8-6-5-4-3-2-1 for each class. The Eiger Nordwand and Brands Hatch races have a unique point system of 15-12-10-8-6-4-2-1.

6.Ballast system
The ballast system will count for all entries racing the same car model. It will add weight in a 30-20-10-5 format combining the 3 last events raced (maximum ballast will be 30+30+30=90kg).

IDEAL GRID?
7 GS and 7 ST cars. No more than 8 cars per class! Also, I highly recommend you to not repeat colours to increase how easy your car can be identified

Please reply to this thread with your entry (car+number+1st main driver) and with the schedule you would prefer on Central European Time.

PS: I will redo the thread with even more information once the championship is set to go.

Last edited:
This seems pretty good, well done.

However, I guarantee you one car in both classes will be miles faster than the others. :)

This seems pretty good, well done.

However, I guarantee you one car in both classes will be miles faster than the others. :)
That's why there will be up to 90kg of ballast per class. I hope I can make car selection as useless as possible!

Lexus IS-F has been redeemed forbidden because of the huge ballast needed to bring it to 500pp (190kg), leaving no margin for further ballasts in case of good results by said car

Latest Posts

Back