• Poll closed .

AudiMan2011

Scottish
Contributing Writer
Scotland
GTPlanet
Street-King-07
Quattro Saltire
I'm looking at getting a new set of pedals for working alongside my G29 wheel on my PC, with intent for racing. I've pretty much narrowed things down to between Thrustmaster T-LCM and Fanatec Clubsport v3 pedals and need help on making a final decision.

I understand that buying from Amazon means facing potential price markups, so if I have to go direct to the manufacturer's shop then I will do so.

What do you guys reckon is better for PC racing?

I'd say the all metal construction of Fanatec is better in the long run. On the other hand, my G25 pedals, 14 years of usage and also plastic/metal, still work :)

They are trully great pedals. The clutch feels like a real clutch. Make sure to buy the brake performace kit with it though. Out of the box it is fine, but the brake performance kit, gives you the ability to fine tune the stiffness of the brake.

There is a 150 Euro price gap though.

The Fanatec Clubsport V3 pedals is a stellar pedals set in every way. Materials, construction, durability, ease of access to parts et al. I'd highly recommend it. I didn't realize you could use it with another branded product like the G29 though.

Purchased the CSL Elite Bundle and V3 pedals today and also the Formula V2 wheel, too.

I will follow up in a couple of weeks. G29 has been fun but, man, I cant wait for my Fanatec to arrive.
I am really enjoying my CSL Elite wheel and V3 pedals my friend, and I only had it for about 4 weeks now :). About the G29 it has been fun, but it is really a toy compared to to the Fanatec stuff.

I am really enjoying my CSL Elite wheel and V3 pedals my friend, and I only had it for about 4 weeks now :). About the G29 it has been fun, but it is really a toy compared to to the Fanatec stuff 👍.
So much to look forward to, but cant wait to use the Formula V2 wheel.

Don't forget if you're getting the Formula V2 wheel you would need to download either the official driver v334 or beta driver v336 to download, install to PC and flash firmware etc in order to work with the CSL Elite.

Don't forget to buy some racing Gloves to wear when you are using the Formula V2 wheel, because the grip is Alcantara fabric and it wears quickly if you don't protect the fabric. I was going to buy the ClubSport Steeerig Wheel Formula Carbon at the time, but if I drive all sorts of cars it is better to have a round wheel instead of a Formula 1 wheel.

Last edited:
I have 3 pairs of Mechanix gloves. The leather ones are the best. Been using them since GT Sport came out and got my G29.

Thanks for the heads up David.
I bought gloves a couple day ago with fully covered fingers but found I lost feel for when having to depress wheel buttons.
Following that I bought ones with open tips for fingers which I much prefer. Allows for good feel and protection with palm/wheel while allowing for easier feel for buttons. Win-Win.

I bought gloves a couple day ago with fully covered fingers but found I lost feel for when having to depress wheel buttons.
Following that I bought ones with open tips for fingers which I much prefer. Allows for good feel and protection with palm/wheel while allowing for easier feel for buttons. Win-Win.
I was wondering about that. Hope the thumb tips are not too bulky.

I was wondering about that. Hope the thumb tips are not too bulky.
The ones I bought were cycling gloves which work quite well and may even be cheaper than "racing" gloves per se. They are light, mesh fabric on top (for ventilation), suede for palms for wheel/palm protection. And as said the ones with the open tips as perfect.
Thing to keep in mind is you want the protection while keeping the feel for wheel to palms communication so whatever you use best IMO not to use one that's too thick especially for the palms.

Purchased the CSL Elite Bundle and V3 pedals today and also the Formula V2 wheel, too.

I will follow up in a couple of weeks. G29 has been fun but, man, I cant wait for my Fanatec to arrive.

Will be ordering mine soon as well, potential Black Friday special offer be damned... I can’t wait.

What’s the status of your order? Delivered? In transit?

Don't forget to buy some racing Gloves to wear when you are using the Formula V2 wheel, because the grip is Alcantara fabric and it wears quickly if you don't protect the fabric. I was going to buy the ClubSport Steeerig Wheel Formula Carbon at the time, but if I drive all sorts of cars it is better to have a round wheel instead of a Formula 1 wheel.

Alcantara doesn't wear that much at all, most of what looks like wear is actually far more disgusting. The fibres get flattened down by a combination of oils, sweat and skin cells, but it can be restored.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/how-to-restore-alcantara-rims.386644/

BTW, this is the half-finger gloves I bought so I can also not lose feel for button touching and whatnot and prefer over the full-fingered one I bought just previous to it. They're cycling gloves actually. It's very comfortable...light with mesh for breathability on the top and decent padding for the palms. I love it. For those who wish to have some protection for hands and wheel (especially alcantara) I recommend you get a pair of these or similar. They're more economical than the "racing" gloves and work just fine. Can be picked up at any cycling shop I'm sure.

Pros
  • Great value
  • Padding is in perfect positions
  • Lightweight

image.jpeg

BTW, this is the half-finger gloves I bought so I can also not lose feel for button touching and whatnot and prefer over the full-fingered one I bought just previous to it. They're cycling gloves actually. It's very comfortable...light with mesh for breathability on the top and decent padding for the palms. I love it. For those who wish to have some protection for hands and wheel (especially alcantara) I recommend you get a pair of these or similar. They're more economical than the "racing" gloves and work just fine. Can be picked up at any cycling shop I'm sure.

Pros
  • Great value
  • Padding is in perfect positions
  • Lightweight

View attachment 968496
I am going to do the same my friend if and when I buy a wheel with Alcantara on it, rather than getting it restored.

I am going to do the same my friend if and when I buy a wheel with Alcantara on it, rather than getting it restored.
It's really good Fordy. So comfortable you aren't even aware it's on your hands. So glad I bought it. I think even if I didn't have the alcantara wheel and knew about this glove or similar before I would have bought it.

It's really good Fordy. So comfortable you aren't even aware it's on your hands. So glad I bought it. I think even if I didn't have the alcantara wheel and knew about this glove or similar before I would have bought it.
Where I live there is a bike shop not to far away, so I will call in and get a pair for my CSL Elite wheel anyway, and thanks David :cheers:.

The consensus was clear cut, so I've now ordered a set of Fanatec v3 pedals. Thanks for the inputs guys.

I would've Waited until black friday. Last year they we're on sale along with the performance kit for $300.

thats what im waiting for myself

Back