Penalties for idiots?

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Duane9780
Hello fellow racers,

First time posting here just generally watch from afar just waiting for the release of this game. I was just wondering about crashing in multiplayer and any kind of penalties for the "balloons" who will play this like its GTA V.

Hello fellow racers,

First time posting here just generally watch from afar just waiting for the release of this game. I was just wondering about crashing in multiplayer and any kind of penalties for the "balloons" who will play this like its GTA V.

There are penalties during the race as well as a driver rating. So if you always drive clean, you'll get rid of the dirty drivers very fast

There are penalties during the race as well as a driver rating. So if you always drive clean, you'll get rid of the dirty drivers very fast

Speaking of this "driver rating"...is that something that is shown or is it just an internal thing used for matchmaking? Like, if I'm racing in a room will I actually be able to see what a drivers rating is?

Have not seen anything in game about it.

Your Driver Network Profile tracks many stats relating to your Experience, Focus, and Affinity. But it also tracks your Online Performance and Reputation...
  • The number of races entered vs the number completed
  • Breakdown of placement in those races
  • Pole positions achieved in online qualifying sessions
  • Average finishing position and average qualifying position
  • The number of races where you incurred no penalties
  • And the number of races where you were disqualified

All this information is then used to ensure you find players of similar skill and conduct. Continually collide with other drivers and you'll slowly make acquaintances with others of similar destructive tendencies. Drive with good sportsmanlike conduct and you'll be enjoying the company of other refined opponents.

So play fair, be successful, and greatness awaits.

http://www.projectcarsgame.com/online.html

It seems like its a passive system and not an active one.

Its not going to stop or penalize purposeful wreckers. And it looks to only affect matchmaking which would only be good fo joining a quickrace.

Back