Penalties or lack of and track limits!

• Thread starter Tool1312
  • 6 comments
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
What is going on with penalties?
When other drivers in open lobbies go off track they seem to get no penalties and are able to rejoin at full speed.
This happens a lot where there's tarmac run off, Silverstone, Paul Ricard.
They go off, cut corners and carry on with no DT or anything sometimes running into you, then you get a message?
At Monza yesterday I was in front of a car. He then came past at T1 like a missile so I braked earlier cos it was obvious he wasn't gonna make the chicane.
He went off sideways but when I'd got round the slow corner he'd managed to carry on and I'd lost my place.
He didn't get a penalty for gaining a place while off track.
Surely that's not right?

I noticed this, people taking the absolute Mickey with the Barcelona chicane too. Are public lobbies just a free-for-all then? Think I'll be getting into competitive when my SR is high enough.

I have penalties turned on for single player races and was going to ask if penalties even work in this game.
Yesterday I cut the last chicane at Barcelona and not only did I not get a penalty, but I also clocked my fastest lap!

I've seen slow down warnings etc on PC footage but haven't seen the same on my PS4. I don't think the system is working correctly.

There are clean races out there but there's a lot that think the race can be won in the first corner, sometimes before that!
Yes I don't think the penalty system works properly

He then came past at T1 like a missile so I braked earlier cos it was obvious he wasn't gonna make the chicane.
He went off sideways but when I'd got round the slow corner he'd managed to carry on and I'd lost my place.
He didn't get a penalty for gaining a place while off track.
Sounds like lag, and his car didn't do in his game what it looked like it did from your end.

I’ve only entered a couple multiplayer so far, but in both it was some very high quality. People seemed to really take care not to hit when passing/being passed...
Tbh so far I found it much cleaner than gts.

Back