Penalty appeared at end of race

• Thread starter Mike Walsh
  • 5 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
I've recently been racing in this week's 25 minute race on the Tokyo Expressway. Despite racing with my usual care (?) on number of times I did touch the walls, but received no penalties. It wasn't until I crossed the finish line after 15 laps that I was presented with over 10 seconds of penalties and went down 4 positions. I had seen plenty of other cars get penalties, and be forced to slow down in the usual way. So why did mine get accumulated? Is this some new rule, or have I inadvertently set some parameter that caused this? Any help would be gratefully accepted.

I've recently been racing in this week's 25 minute race on the Tokyo Expressway. Despite racing with my usual care (?) on number of times I did touch the walls, but received no penalties. It wasn't until I crossed the finish line after 15 laps that I was presented with over 10 seconds of penalties and went down 4 positions. I had seen plenty of other cars get penalties, and be forced to slow down in the usual way. So why did mine get accumulated? Is this some new rule, or have I inadvertently set some parameter that caused this? Any help would be gratefully accepted.

Was it a 20 second penalty? If so that would be for not using the mandatory tyres (mediums and hards for this race). Other than that, penalties accrued on the lap from just before the penalty zone would be carried to the finish line.

The 20 second penalty has now been replaced for Sport Mode races where there is a required tyre. It is now 60 seconds.

Not heard of any in race penalties being 'stored' and then applied as you crossed the line, especially if like you say others were getting them and shipping them in the usual way. Wouldn't be surprised if it is some GTS bug.

Was it a 20 second penalty? If so that would be for not using the mandatory tyres (mediums and hards for this race). Other than that, penalties accrued on the lap from just before the penalty zone would be carried to the finish line.
Okay, but I didn't change my tyres. I notice that, on joining the race there's a message telling me that my tyres will be changed automatically to hards and when I look in Car Settings it tells me I have Racing Hard tyres, so I should have been ok. But you're correct in that I think the penalty was 20 seconds. I'll try again.

The 20 second penalty has now been replaced for Sport Mode races where there is a required tyre. It is now 60 seconds.

Not heard of any in race penalties being 'stored' and then applied as you crossed the line, especially if like you say others were getting them and shipping them in the usual way. Wouldn't be surprised if it is some GTS bug.
It's 60 seconds in the FIA races. 20 in sport mode.
Okay, but I didn't change my tyres. I notice that, on joining the race there's a message telling me that my tyres will be changed automatically to hards and when I look in Car Settings it tells me I have Racing Hard tyres, so I should have been ok. But you're correct in that I think the penalty was 20 seconds. I'll try again.
you have to use both medium and hards in race so if you start on hards you have to pit for mediums, or vice versa.

It's 60 seconds in the FIA races. 20 in sport mode.
you have to use both medium and hards in race so if you start on hards you have to pit for mediums, or vice versa.
Darn! Thanks for that. I haven't done the long race for a while and when I have before it's been gas stops, which give you a warning. I completely missed that. I'll know next time.
Thanks to all who replied.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back