Penalty before driving?PS4 

At least you only got a penalty.

Once I was racing & crashed (this happens quite a lot) at Indianapolis using the Watson Roadster, I got terminal damage even though damage was on visual only, I thought that's odd.

But it's what happened after I restarted the race that made me chuckle.

Rolling start, the lights go green & my car instantly stops dead & blows up (remember I'm using visual damage only), I thought wtf & I tried again, this went on a good 5 or 6 times before I thought bollocks to this & reset the game just to get it to work again.

League race, doing my mandatory pitstop, slowed down to pit stop limiter speed, the AI took over when I crossed the line (this was enabled by mistake in the server settings). Moments later, the AI crashed the car in the pit barriers and I got an instant DQ for "going in reverse in the pits"!

I'm guessing that when these things happen to you guys, it's a huge frustration.

But, I just have to tell you that reading about them is funny. Please forgive me for saying that:bowdown:

Jeez, I need to play this more. The worst I've had is a few jump start penalties for sitting perfectly still at the start.
I really do need to play more though, don't know why I never do. I quite like it whenever I do play. Just too many other things I guess.

I'm guessing that when these things happen to you guys, it's a huge frustration.

But, I just have to tell you that reading about them is funny. Please forgive me for saying that:bowdown:

Hey, no prob at all, was very frustrating when it happened, but now I also see it as funny, well I don't have an other option anyway :)

Another one, not exactly a bug, but: Started a league race from pole, in first lap was rammed twice, ended up last. From then on I made a big comeback for the next 20-25 laps, with a lot of overtakes and after the other guys did their mandatory pitstops, I was back in first place. Before the last lap, I went in for my pitstop, with a 15 seconds lead to second place.

While in the pit lane, I was thinking I would probably be in 3rd when exiting the pits, but I did have a small hope I could end up higher, but in any case I was very happy, this race felt so epic! And then I heard it from the "radio", the moment I stopped in my pitbox (with ONE lap to go): "The crew has found a problem in the battery, we'll need to replace it". Apparently we had by mistake enabled "Pit stop failures" in the server settings, pitstop took 2-3 minutes, I finished last :).

Another one, in a race organized by "Gianfrest", broadcasting it in twitch. He does races with default setups, I forgot to use the workaround of re-selecting my loose setup before starting the race, so I ended up with a "bus" steering ratio (known bug), needed to rotate the wheel more than 360 degrees to make the corners, obviously undriveable, so I left the race.

Watched their race though, I think Gian was in first place when he went in for his mandatory pitstop in the penultimate lap, with the manual pitstop option disabled. As he was going in, he got the radio message that "our pitbox is occupied, I am sorry but we cannot serve the pitstop now", so the AI took him through the pitlane without stopping. At the pit exit, he got disqualified for not serving his mandatory pitstop...

Now this one is just agonizing. I've had pit issues similar, but I've never been in the lead so the harm was negligible.

I do love the random nature of it though.

Hey, no prob at all, was very frustrating when it happened, but now I also see it as funny, well I don't have an other option anyway :)

Another one, not exactly a bug, but: Started a league race from pole, in first lap was rammed twice, ended up last. From then on I made a big comeback for the next 20-25 laps, with a lot of overtakes and after the other guys did their mandatory pitstops, I was back in first place. Before the last lap, I went in for my pitstop, with a 15 seconds lead to second place.

While in the pit lane, I was thinking I would probably be in 3rd when exiting the pits, but I did have a small hope I could end up higher, but in any case I was very happy, this race felt so epic! And then I heard it from the "radio", the moment I stopped in my pitbox (with ONE lap to go): "The crew has found a problem in the battery, we'll need to replace it". Apparently we had by mistake enabled "Pit stop failures" in the server settings, pitstop took 2-3 minutes, I finished last :).

...it's what happened after I restarted the race that made me chuckle.

Rolling start, the lights go green & my car instantly stops dead & blows up (remember I'm using visual damage only), I thought wtf & I tried again, this went on a good 5 or 6 times before I thought bollocks to this & reset the game just to get it to work again.
I've found that the game just needs a little time to reset everything after you select "restart" and before you start the race again. It doesn't like being rushed.

I've found that the game just needs a little time to reset everything after you select "restart" and before you start the race again. It doesn't like being rushed.
I backed out to the main menu then went back in & it still happened, changing track didn't work either, I had to shut the game down & restart.

I get run into on formation lap quite a bit and get a 10 second penalty for crashing into another driver. And then get taken out once in a while and have to start from mid pack instead of pole. But it’s still fun

Now this one is just agonizing. I've had pit issues similar, but I've never been in the lead so the harm was negligible.

I do love the random nature of it though.
Yes, I'm quoting myself. I'm not laughing now:banghead:

2 races in a row (multi class 20 laps, mandatory pit stop) I was first in my class going in to the pits and both times I had "electrical problems" that cost me the wins. Both times I came out last in my group

Then, yesterday, a couple days removed from that madness, I tried again. This time it was a bad clutch that cost me.

At least the game isn't boring!

Back