People these days :/

  • Thread starter Thread starter ghsnu
  • 43 comments
  • 3,562 views
Every time I start a Free Run/Track Day room I'll usually tell the players to let me know if someone is being an idiot or driving backwards.

I have a mic, so when I see on my map that someone is driving the opposite way, I'll say "It's the host speaking. If you drive the track in reverse you will be kicked." I usually see their arrow spin around the other way, in an instant! :lol:
 
I guess I didn't make it 100% clear, but the ramming was deliberate, not on accident.

Watched the guy in the FGT just ram me before the first corner, he had plenty of space to pass. Same with all the Veyron kids.

I put no restrictions as I can respect the people who can drive X1's, Veyron's, and FGT's properly rather than use my 500 as somesort of soccerball.


Maybe repainting my 500 in a light blue will keep 'em off...I hope :/.
 
Every time I start a Free Run/Track Day room I'll usually tell the players to let me know if someone is being an idiot or driving backwards.

I have a mic, so when I see on my map that someone is driving the opposite way, I'll say "It's the host speaking. If you drive the track in reverse you will be kicked." I usually see their arrow spin around the other way, in an instant! :lol:

That's what I do, too. It's better to give the benefit of the doubt. The host can't see everything, but a good host will welcome feedback from the other players, and then watch the potentially offending player from the lobby, imo. I don't say a word until I actually see the behaviour in this way. Even then, they get a warning just as you describe, and it's pretty rare to have to kick somebody after they KNOW YOU ARE WATCHING THEM.

Just my $0.02.
 
You can always use forums, you know, like this one, and meet other serious players in search of a good match. I always open a lobby for good racers and, by voting, we chose just one car and race with it. We can use your Fiat whenever you want ;).

In every on-line game, just like in real life, there are a lot of assholes around, but there's also good people and if you want to know the best drivers that videogames can offer, you go to Gran Turismo.

Hmmm.. Reeeaaally? :lol:
 
In a perfect world you can create an open lobby and people can just cruise around and give everyone room.

But this is NOT a perfect world. If you want to run low power cars you need to set a restriction. If you don't want X1s you need to set a restriction. Thats just the way it is and we ll can discuss this to death but it won't change the fact that 99% of the people playing online are not on this forum and don't understand whats right and wrong.

They just want to enjoy themselves and could care less about anyone else's fun or time.
 
I want to agree with you, but you called it the "Gheyron". 👎

If you start up a "do whatever you want" room you're going to find people who have different ideas of fun, and that's how it's going to go. It's the internet. Not much you can do other than restrictions if you don't want certain cars, kick the people who are being annoying, or just invite people you know play the way you want.

Starting a public room (in nearly any game) and expecting anything but the worst is just setting yourself up for disappointment.
 
Just like me in my life step van -_-
 
Lol, that sucks... we should all have a "Bubble Cars" lobby one night. 👍 extremely low HP limit :P
 
Really makes me wish we evolve someday.

As usual, I open my lobby "free run/do whatever" on Top Gear, and get some people. In about an hour, I get around 10 people. Unfortunately, you get the mindless idiots too.

Had to deal with Gheyron and X1 kiddies, as well as others in Buicks or Fgt's.

Reason?



ALL because I was driving my 55hp yellow Fiat 500F. I swear I'm a target in this thing :/, yet it's a fun car to drive, even when it's stock.

Here's a good story: kicked out a FGT 🤬 who thought my stock Fiat 500 was a soccer ball. Turns out, being a virgin relates to me "being mad and kicking people" (direct quote from his message afterwards). *facepalm*

Out of the whole lobby time (4 1/2 hours), I kicked out around 8 people...EIGHT! Probably was more or less, but around that number.


On the bright side, met up with 2 other guys who also had Suzuki Cappricuno RM cars, had a nice cruise around the track :D, too bad you can't take pictures while driving.

It's like COD, only replacing guns with cars. Next you'll be hearing people brag because they have a steering sensitivity of 7. *sigh*


Just had to let this out. So many people who think their e-penis is huge :dunce:.

GT5 logic #34: If you're a virgin, you are likely to get mad and kick people out.

I feel you man. That's why I rarely go online in GT5. If I do manage to go online, it's usually with a friend in a private setting.
 
Yeah, I agree.

People are incredibly stupid in these days.
 
^That

Bit silly to make a room with no restrictions saying 'do what you want', then get mad when people do what they want :)
 
Spapadillion Is Mars Volta fan all hail hey Papillion is an Editors song too.

My Papillion do do do
 
ghsnu
I guess I didn't make it 100% clear, but the ramming was deliberate, not on accident.

Watched the guy in the FGT just ram me before the first corner, he had plenty of space to pass. Same with all the Veyron kids.

I put no restrictions as I can respect the people who can drive X1's, Veyron's, and FGT's properly rather than use my 500 as somesort of soccerball.

Maybe repainting my 500 in a light blue will keep 'em off...I hope :/.

I don't know what else I can say to reach you. I've tried every possible method at my disposal. All I can do at this point is repeat myself: It is my opinion as a fairly competent driver, racing fan and Fiat lover that is is nearly IMPOSSIBLE to avoid you and your little 500, in a 1000hp car, on a track like Top Gear. It just is. Period.

While there's no doubt that you will see SOME deliberate ramming going on, especially once people realize that you're out there and there's absolutely no chance of them making decent lap times. The vast majority of people seeking unlimited spec, free run rooms are going to behave this way. So, should you kick them for it? Maybe, but wouldn't it be easier and much more appropriate to simply limit the field to cars near your speed, thus avoiding the situation entirely?

As has been said here several times already; if you don't want to spend half your time kicking FGTs, Veyrons and X1s, just set a PP/HP limit. The world will be a much happier place for it. End of story.
 
Back