perfect four wheel drift

Question has anyone found that you can drift corners without counter steer or no front wheel turnning. I think this is a perfect four wheel drift and it seems to be the fastest way through corners four me. I use this technique on deep forest on larger turns in a shigeno trueno with simulation tires and no matter how hard I try I cannot beat my drift time while racing without drifting.

does any one else find this to be true. 💡

bostwick_965
Question has anyone found that you can drift corners without counter steer or no front wheel turnning. I think this is a perfect four wheel drift and it seems to be the fastest way through corners four me. I use this technique on deep forest on larger turns in a shigeno trueno with simulation tires and no matter how hard I try I cannot beat my drift time while racing without drifting.

does any one else find this to be true. 💡

Edit: My bad.. I didn't see that you were using an FR and yes I find it to be true.

Thank you for your reply bamboo but all of the cars that are featured in that video are four wheel drive. Still it was very impressive. I use the same technique in a rear wheel drive car and the angle of my drift is very slight between 2-10%, but it can very depending on the corner. I looked online for racing techniques and found a racing four wheel drift which is cornering and drifting without counter steer in a rear wheel drive car and it was described as the fastest way through a corner using an angle at 3-15% diference of your cars usual path through a corner. With this information I tried it in GT3 on larger more precise corners and found that it was in fact true from my point of view. I was wondering if anyone else had found the same thing.

Thanks bamboo

Well being like the second person of doing AWD drifting ((I THINK)) but I say it will happen to Frs rarely but in AWD its 100%..I used it more than one in all the tracks and its not the perfect form but a different form of drifting.DR has a good style of Zero counter steer and Im trying to be like it ^_^

grip will always be faster than drift unless you are in loose dirt or snow.

Omnis
grip will always be faster than drift unless you are in loose dirt or snow.
true, but when the tires are at maxium grip, they are actually slipping a little. so it would be faster IF They were at the maxium level of grip. if they were at any point beyond that, its useless.

Suzuki
true, but when the tires are at maxium grip, they are actually slipping a little. so it would be faster IF They were at the maxium level of grip. if they were at any point beyond that, its useless.

Ding Ding Ding!... We have a winner... A true "4 wheel drift" is not a drift at all, but actually maximizes tire grip by utilizing a very slight (not very noticable to the naked eye) slip angle... To perform a true "4 wheel drift" consistantly is nearlly impossible due to different track conditions, weather, traction coeficients, and just the shear level of precision needed to perform the technique at all... Most people that think they are performing a "4 wheel drift" (grip technique, for all drivetrains), are actually performing a "zero counter drift" (drift technique for AWD's only)... Why some are dead set on trying to master "zero counter" drifts with RWD's, is beyond me, as it is rediculously counterproductive, but that's life...

;)

I use a minimal slip angle drift in my MR2... no counter steer, and extremely quick around the course. Found it to the fastest way to corner, but it is hard to pull off regularly. Typically, I end up using a slight counter steer through, which seems fairly quick in an MR car... FR's seem to lose more speed.

Thank you all for all of your replies some people know what I am talking about but I have some additional information for clerification.

Neutral
“This is the ideal. Basically the sideways drift of the rear wheels is matched by those at the front. All four wheels slide in the same direction. The driver simply sets the car on entry into the corner so the front wheels are straight and he then doesn't have to steer.
Neutral is the ideal situation but it is rarely achieved and virtually never sustained for the duration of a race. “ (Grand prix driving techniques) http://www.gpracing.net

Delphic Reason
Ding Ding Ding!... We have a winner... A true "4 wheel drift" is not a drift at all, but actually maximizes tire grip by utilizing a very slight (not very noticable to the naked eye) slip angle... To perform a true "4 wheel drift" consistantly is nearlly impossible due to different track conditions, weather, traction coeficients, and just the shear level of precision needed to perform the technique at all... Most people that think they are performing a "4 wheel drift" (grip technique, for all drivetrains), are actually performing a "zero counter drift" (drift technique for AWD's only)... Why some are dead set on trying to master "zero counter" drifts with RWD's, is beyond me, as it is rediculously counterproductive, but that's life...

;)
i agree completely!
the effect on tire wear? it shouldnt be much more than normal grip if you are achieving a true 4 wheel drift, since it is making full use of all the available traction that can be provided. if your asking about tire wear for gt3/4 then i wouldnt even waste my time by trying a true 4 wheel drift on some corners unless you were competing with the fastest grip racers. but i still wouldnt worry about it because if you try it on every single turn, you might get it once out of the whole lap. so on all the other corners your just scrubbing off speed making you overall slower.

I Agree with Omnis and Suzuki it is a very small angle of a drift and it does create more tire wear when I tried it racing and as also stated it is very hard to be consistant most of the time you do screw up your lap time by trying it.

I was just wondering if it was the fastest way to corner and that has been answered thanks. :)

Latest Posts

Back