Performance Parts

• Thread starter mtsmtts
  • 11 comments
Brazil
Brazil
mtsmtts
I was think, how the game determines the horsepower gain.
So i make estimate of gain for 2 parts:

ECU
ECU TEST:

Elise 111R ’04 – 191HP - No oil change
ECU - +10 hp (191 > 201) = + 5,2356…%

-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-

ZZ-S ’00 – 184HP stock(used – 26.716,0 Km) – No oil change
ECU - +10 hp (184 > 194) = + 5,5248…%

Corvette ZR-1 (c4) ’90 – 369hp stock – No oil change
ECU - +20 hp (369 > 389) = + 5,4200…%

ECU OVERAL GAIN
ECU = + 5.3934% approximately

Titanium Exhausts
TITANIUM EXHAUST TEST

Elise 111R ’04 – 201HP (ECU installed) - No oil change
TITANIUM EXHAUST - +16HP = 8,3769…% based on original
*The per cent gain is calculated by the game of the original HP, In elise case, 191HP.

ZZ-S ’00 – 184HP stock(used – 26.716,0 Km) – No oil change
TITANIUM EXHAUST - + 15HP (184 > 199) = + 8,1521…%

Corvette ZR-1 (c4) ’90 – 369hp stock – No oil change
TITANIUM EXHAUST - +30HP (369 > 399) = + 8,1300…%

TITANIUM EXHAUST = + 8.3934%HP approximately

Now its easy to determinate the percentage of others tuning parts, just do this:

(horsepower gain*100) / Car ORIGINAL HP

Exemple:
CAR X -
(78 * 100) 1000 hp
7800 / 1000
7,8%

" / " = divided
" * " = multiplied

Last edited:
I was going to try and work this out, but thank you for doing it for me!

I always figured the percentage it increased the power by wasn't a flat figure, as often if one part quotes a power increase of, say, 12bhp but you add something else before you add that and then it often says it'll add 13bhp. It would be good if someone could come up with a guide of what tuning parts give the best bhp per credit (or credits per bhp). Problem with that is that some cars lose power when tuned, for example there's a thread about how the Samba Bus gains more power from a Stage 2 Turbo than a Stage 3.

I always figured the percentage it increased the power by wasn't a flat figure, as often if one part quotes a power increase of, say, 12bhp but you add something else before you add that and then it often says it'll add 13bhp. It would be good if someone could come up with a guide of what tuning parts give the best bhp per credit (or credits per bhp). Problem with that is that some cars lose power when tuned, for example there's a thread about how the Samba Bus gains more power from a Stage 2 Turbo than a Stage 3.

The % each part will give is based on the ORIGINAL horsepower.

Exemple:
Elise 111R ’04 – 201HP (ECU installed) - No oil change
TITANIUM EXHAUST - +16HP = 8,3769…% based on original
if its based on current horsepower(201hp, 191 + 10hp by the ECU) the HP percentage gain by the will be Titanium Exhausts its only 7,9%

based on the tuned car hp, look:
(16*100) / 201hp
1600 / 201
7,960199004...%

Outstanding find, thanks! Anyone up for doing all the math and compiling the list?

yeap, i think to do but im too lazy to do for ALL parts.
With the % will be easy make an on-line calculator for GT5

You could also make up a system to show what the cars HP will be with oil change and engine break in. I would do it, but I'm busy doing B-spec endurance. xP It would help when you get a car from the UCD to tell what its original HP is if you need to do a rebuild or not. Also I always noticed the the stage 2 turbo gives more torque and stage 3 turbo gives more hp.

The % each part will give is based on the ORIGINAL horsepower.

Exemple:

Yeah, I understand that, I meant that if a car has 100bhp and an exhaust adds 3.4%, that would be 3.4bhp which the game would report as 3bhp. Add another part which adds 3.4%, both parts together would add 6.8%, so rounding that up that's 7bhp, but if you added both parts separately you'd get 3bhp from each, so it seems like one part makes another part add more power but it's just decimal places adding together to make the power round up to the next integer instead of down.

Here is the result:

Toyota Sprinter Trueno GT APEX '83
72.000,0km - 120hp

Oil: + 6hp = + 5%
Eng Rebuild: + 7hp = 5,88888888888888888888...%

ZZ-S '00
0km - 188HP
Oil: + 10hp = + 5,3...%
Eng Rebuild: Not possible in 0 Km

ZZ-S '00
22.000,00km - 184HP
Oil: + 9hp = + 4,8913...%
Eng Rebuild: + 10hp = 5,4%

The oil change will give approximately 5% of the original horsepower regardless of mileage.
Eng rebuild its something between 5,4% and 5,9%. I dunno, in this case obviously have others variables in the calculation.

:sly:

Yeah, I understand that, I meant that if a car has 100bhp and an exhaust adds 3.4%, that would be 3.4bhp which the game would report as 3bhp. Add another part which adds 3.4%, both parts together would add 6.8%, so rounding that up that's 7bhp, but if you added both parts separately you'd get 3bhp from each, so it seems like one part makes another part add more power but it's just decimal places adding together to make the power round up to the next integer instead of down.

Maybe the game count this decimals horsepower in the race, but don't show decimals or what ever else is after the dot(or comma here in brazil, what ever)

Ah sorry I guess you didn't understand what I meant. Though my endurance just ended so I'll work on how you can figure out the cars actual original hp to see if it needs a rebuild or not.

ah... well, the rebuild is not valid, you pay cr.250 for the oil change, and he will give the same HP of the rebuild(in most cases) and the price is lower.

I paid cr.15.000 for rebuild the ZZ-S '00 22.000,00km, and cr.4,500 for the toyota.

Yah but I want to try and figure out if the car needs an engine rebuild or not. When I bought a Bentley Speed 8. It was around 500hp. Did an oil change it went up to like 750hp. Did and engine rebuild and now its back up too 824hp. Trying to see if theres a formula to find the original hp of the car because engine wear could be random.

Anyways update - I just found out the system adds the percentage to the HP it has. So if you have say 299hp. With a stage3 turbo its going to be 398hp. You install a ECU chip it will be 318hp. Now when you go for a stage3 turbo now it will be 422hp. So The percentage is added onto the HP it already is. Just checked and I can confirm this. Though you can still figure out the percentage of what each item will be.

Engine break-in has a 3% increase on the cars hp.

Last edited:
Back