Performance Point Problem???

Canada
Canada
BaronBlitzRed
Not sure where to post this, but yesterday, I broke down to try and cheese the Autopolis mission 1 hour race. You're allowed to tune, but this happened...

Lowering the power actually raised the PP level, but ever so slightly.

I cannot explain this... can you?

Cheers

Last edited:
I cannot explain this... can you?
PP system is broken. If you push cursors by one increment, sometimes PP go up, sometimes down, and on some occasions you lose 10 or 20PP out of nowhere when you are at 78% power and it goes up at 77% and 79%

Actually people use this to get lowest possible (but not logical) PPs to have a low PP tuning sheet and a high PP tuning sheet to enter custom races with the low one and get better rewards, and then switch to the high PP sheet before starting the race, and the credit outcome remains the same.

PP system is broken. If you push cursors by one increment, sometimes PP go up, sometimes down, and on some occasions you lose 10 or 20PP out of nowhere when you are at 78% power and it goes up at 77% and 79%

Actually people use this to get lowest possible (but not logical) PPs to have a low PP tuning sheet and a high PP tuning sheet to enter custom races with the low one and get better rewards, and then switch to the high PP sheet before starting the race, and the credit outcome remains the same.
Thank you for the response, so this isn't new???

I don't have a lot of experience playing around with swapped engine cars, so I was caught off guard...

Cheers

The answer may have been revealed by the tuning screen, but since you exited rather than pressing the recalculate button, we can't see the new performance stats.

Best logical guess I can make since it's an engine swapped Beat on Comfort Softs; it may have difficulty making use of all that power on those tyres. Reducing the power that much and barely seeing any change in the PP could mean the power loss was counteracted by other benefits like improved cornering.

Less weight, less rotational mass to move = better acceleration
I rather dont want to believe that exlusively the sports brake system is lighter compared to both normal and racing.
But who knows what values this game is actually using behind the scenes.

I rather dont want to believe that exlusively the sports brake system is lighter compared to both normal and racing.
ahh well then yes that is weird

Yep I've seen instances where adding 2kg of ballast can knock off 5pp but add 3kg and your only looking at a single PP, really is a case of trial and error

Yeah, sounds rather strange. But there are sometimes things that are not always obvious. Here's an example from a test of the Cayman GT4 from a German magazine (translated by Google 'cause I was too lazy to do it myself):

For the Nordschleife lap, the S-GO 1204 competed without the diffuser inserts and, for high-speed reasons, with a flat rear wing position. By the way: The downforce on the front axle also varies with the choice of brake system. With the standard steel brake system, the Porsche Cayman GT4 generates more downforce on the front axle than with the ceramic brakes, as less air can escape from the front wheel arches due to the larger brake discs. With the inserts in the diffuser ducts, a GT4 equipped with a steel brake system delivers five kilos more downforce to the front axle at 200 km/h than a vehicle with PCCB brakes. Without the inserts, the difference between the two types of brakes is seven kilograms.

You don’t need 300, or even 200 go to beat the Autopolis race. I did it last night with 115hp and stock suspension in a Honda S660. Won by over 2 minutes. As easy as Kyoto to win.

As Lomic already pointed out:
The system is very flawed, sometimes to your advantage and sometimes to your disadvantage.
It is even difficult to say how many cars are working correctly.

I even had brake systems IMPROVE the cars acceleration values. Explain that?
That's a good one I get once in a while, another is when the semi suspension is a higher pp than the race ,or when your randomly moving the aero slider and the pp jumps 10 in the opposite direction lmao

Latest Posts

Back