Personal cooling techniques. Sweating like crazy while racing...PC 

• Thread starter Teddie
  • 8 comments
United States
United States
Random, sort of. I'm sitting here working on some AI additions for tracks that don't have AI lines... Anyways, I'm sweating balls over here and I'm wondering what clever ways you guys are cooling off while racing. I've seen some dual fan thing that looks like it was actually made for the steering wheel base. Can ya'll share your cooling techniques.

Hi Teddie,
I use two simple fans. One on the floor pointing up at all of me and another slightly smaller one on a table just to my right pointing at my face. They also function as protection from mosquitos. :)

rubbing a little gasoline on the front of a fan for some fuel smell while racing. Is that weird?
Well, it'd be immersive.
hahaha

The fans (with or without gasoline smell) could contribute to immersion.... wind in your hair, sort of thing :)

well I have no solution. Here in Indonesia it is always raining in my shirt. I have ac in my racing room. but it still pours out of my head and the caustic sweat eats the vinyl off my headset earpieces, on my third set in 2 years.

well I have no solution. Here in Indonesia it is always raining in my shirt. I have ac in my racing room. but it still pours out of my head and the caustic sweat eats the vinyl off my headset earpieces, on my third set in 2 years.

Whereas in the UK it's just starting to get a bit chilly in the evenings, I had to put a jumper on last night whilst playing. It's funny what we are all used to isn't it, always wanting something different to what you have.. :)

We have ducted air conditioning but it's excessive to use just for cooling my PC room.. during summer yes but I just use a Ryobi battery fan. Blows cool air from behind/beside the screen right over me which works well. Yeah it's a little noisy but I drive with headphones anyway so I don't hear it. And on the low speed setting the battery will last for ages before requiring a recharge. Easy!

Back