PES2018_Sep14th(EU)

• Thread starter torque99
  • 9 comments

3cHNG.gif

This looks incredible! Day. One.

Loving the idea of new presentation tweaks and the general polish compared to 2017.

Heads up as I know you guys like PES 2017/8 reading the threads..Did you know about the Beta trial 10 days only so far I think ?(PS4) not sure on Xbox yet - just an exhibition match and trial if you are interested. No need for PS+ apparently.
I came across these links :cheers:
@Brend @Heavyduke @Peasantslayer @VXR @Magdelayna @sems4arsenal

http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2017/07/20/pes-2018-online-beta-is-live-download-now/

UK/EU
https://store.playstation.com/#!/en...beta/cid=EP0101-CUSA09007_00-PES2018OBT000000

North America
https://store.playstation.com/#!/en...beta/cid=UP0101-CUSA09055_00-PES2018OBT000000

Edit: downloaded it. Just so you are aware it is online only 1 match. I think I prefer 2017 :nervous:

Last edited:
Pro. Yo, another Beta that allows us PS peasants to play online. Video of my first match below, felt like a complete newb playing this. Been a while since I played a PES game, first impression is it seems quite slow to play.

Pro. Yo, another Beta that allows us PS peasants to play online. Video of my first match below, felt like a complete newb playing this. Been a while since I played a PES game, first impression is it seems quite slow to play.

On the Full game PES 2017 you can change the speed right up to very fast and this makes it much better. You can also custom the camera more, so for example I zoom in on medium view and have real close ups of the players (arcade style) rather than far away TV view like Fifa, this being online I didn't want to mess around too much with the other players waiting to start!... So far you can not do this on Fifa and I do like being able to zoom in with the camera views. (although harder to guess the through balls). Preset Custom2 (PES) on the DS4 gives you pretty much Fifa DS4 settings that I am used to.

Re: Beta 2018 Overall from a couple of matches I played now they were close and matched well and I had some fun games, and the graphics were pretty photo realistic close up but they were very good in 2017 anyway (4k), but I can see more detail in the Skin and players reactions. Overall so far, I am not sure this will be a day one purchase, we shall see....👍

3cHNG.gif

This looks incredible! Day. One.

Loving the idea of new presentation tweaks and the general polish compared to 2017.
I'm truly fed up with Konami, PES 17 really annoyed me just like previous games. I haven't bought it but played my bros and its just so far from pes that was king. The defending is weak and doesn't allow me to be an expert like pes the king did, it orders my defenders to turn into zombies then run off somewhere else. I've had some good games but also far too many where it felt like the game was trying to take control away from me. I've lost all hope of the king returning.

Anybody pick this up then?

The defending is so different now. Very slow pace overall compared to '17.

I've been trying out the trial of this on my XB1, with MyClub. It's a bit clunky around menus compared to FIFA, but the gameplay is so much nicer. I've been annoyed with FIFA this year, it just doesn't feel right. In fact, I find Pro Clubs feels smoother, gameplay wise, than FUT, which is just bizarre.

I always used to play PES and was a Master League aholic, up until about 2010. Is ML still as good? I've been mainly playing FUT for the last few years.

I'd probably get PES18 for PS4 if anything. So, worth it?

Latest Posts

Back