Pet Injuries

United Kingdom
N. Ireland
TommyWizard
They really really suck.

Our wee Jack Russel got hit by a car earlier today. Becasue its a sunday we cant get him scanned to see what is broken or whether its going to be worth while trying to fix them :(

The little guy is 3 years old and has been with us for 2 and a half of those years. We've never had such a commited pet up until him (7-8 goldfish before hand). I really hopes he pulls through, its so strange asways thinking about how long the little dude has and then this comes out of nowhere and in the space of one night its praying that he isn't hurt too badly and will come back ok or do we put our 5th family member to sleep once and for all....

I know right now I wont have the mindset for work come Tuesday or beyond if he isn't in good shape nor for my college exam on Friday....

Sorry to those that click here. Just needed an enviroment other than Facebook where I can get this off my chest. I know there are loads out there who have been or are going through the same thing now.

I hope your little friend is ok. I know how it is with pets when they get injured or sick. It's truely heartbreaking. Wishing you all my best!

I hope your dog pulls through ok, it really sucks.
I once had a cat that got hit by a car, it came home for 2 days after surgery and was to live on three legs. Unfortunately after 2 days it passed away.
That was 11 years ago, since then I have had the one cat (there are photos here somewhere) and just this morning as I was sitting in the sun with him I was wondering just home much longer does he have left? He has been bitten by two brown snakes (some of the deadliest in Australia), had 3 or so major abscesses and several other cases of severe sickness.
Luckily he hasnt been sick like that for a while now, if he does I fear it could be bad due to his age and possibly lack of a ability to fight such things.

Hope he pulls through OK.
My sister had a cocker spaniel that was hit by a car when he was just 1 or 2 years old; it looked awful at the time and he had to undergo surgery and a long recovery but Whiskey managed to survive his troubles - and lived happily past his 15th anniversary!

All the best to you and your friend man, I too know how difficult it can be when something like this happens.

Sorry to hear about your dog buddy, Couldnt imagine how I would be if something like that happened to my one. Hope he gets through it, all the best.

The vet called us this morning and said he'd had a comfortable night in the surgery.

He told us that he had X-rayed him and his leg was broken and his pelvis was fractured several times. At this point we knew it would be more harmful to the little guy to keep him on this earth as he would probably not be able to jump up onto the sofas again and his bladder control may be lost.

Thankfully the vet said that he could take cure of putting him to bed one last time and dealing with the remains.

Thanks to everyone for your kind words of support. I guess it just wasn't for him today :(

RIP Biffle.

I've had a large number of dogs throughout my life. Lost 4 to cars, one died on the operating table, and one died of old age. My current dog is by far my favorite, and it appears (in the last few weeks) that he has epilepsy.

There's something a little different about pets - especially dogs. They're so loyal, and so innocent that when something happens to them it tugs at your sensibilities of justice. Almost nothing bad that happens to them seems fair. Contrast this with humans who are almost never blameless and you can easily understand how people can care more about a dog than a person.

There's something primal about it. We're biologically programmed to care a great deal about all of the qualities that a good dog has. Unwavering loyalty, performance at the best of one's ability, playfulness, guardianship, enthusiasm...

They really can be man's best friend, and that makes it all the worse when bad things happen.

My little guy was so awesome, after telling him off he'd come and sit right on your feet as if to say sorry. He never failed to bring a smile to my face, always had me laughing and he's what kept me going through these current hard times. God knows how the hell Im going to do that without him.

Always the first to greet me coming in from work, a jump up to say hi and then into the living room for a play about. Im going to miss him so so much. My mum isn't fussed on getting another pet but I want one. I guess im believing that this next one will take the pain away from the one we lost or something :(

Back