Petit Nascar/F1 races - June 16/17

United States
United States
Friday, June 16 - 9pm EST & Saturday, June 17 - 4pm EST (ask about timezone if unsure!)

Hosting a fun little one-off even this weekend!

1686756031898.png

hatchbacks and sedans (#road cars only - and it ought to have at least 3 doors!) with NASCAR or F1 themed-liveries.
We like to run our races at weight/power/tire specs, as opposed to PP. this makes for much more even racing.

Maximum power: 199 HP
Minimum weight: 2500 lbs / 1134 kg
Sports Tires - Drivers will begin race on Softs. Owning all levels of Sport tires is advised, as wear rates will be employed.

The race on Friday night is at 9pm EST - The plan is for a brief warm-up period, and then a 25-minute race that will involve fuel/tire wear. Track will be Watkins Glen (short).

The race on Saturday is at 4pm EST - This will be a 40-minute race at the Blue Moon Oval that will also involve fuel/tire wear.

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask! The rooms will feature "OWS" in the title, but this post will be updated when those precise details are known. it will be a 'public' room.

We welcome all friendly drivers! Some of the racers will be familiar with each other from a group we're involved in, on GT Planet, but there is no need to join / sign up anywhere to participate. just let me know on here if you're interested!

Last edited:
many of us drive together in this group, based on gtplanet. again, not necessary at all to join the discord or sign up for anything... but if you like driving "Race A" type set-ups, it might be worth checking out.

hoping to see some petits battles like this one!

Last edited:
A little test race at Northern Isles with my 4 (more in the works?) Nascar hatches. Video is shared to friends.

Attachments

• Gran Turismo® 7_20230614180600.jpg
    Gran Turismo® 7_20230614180600.jpg
    133.2 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
the room for this event will be called “OWS Presents: Mini NASCAR”. It will be open for a short testing session prior to the race. The race itself will start promptly at 9 PM EST. I will update this post when the room is open. Hope to see you there!

Last edited:
“OWS Presents: Mini NASCAR” pre-race tuning lobby is now open. different conditions than the race!

Race will begin promptly at 9:00PM EST.

Last edited:
Back