And if there is doubt on success I only say this:

OpenIV
Take 2 Interactive
82k-times signed Petition https://www.change.org/p/rockstar-games-save-openiv
Review bombed
Cease and Desist Request

The end:
Retracted Cease and Desist Request

Since Gran Turismo 7 was released, there have been flaws regarding the availability of the cars. Meanwhile earning money fast was difficult and comparing the prize pool of GT7 Sports races is only 10% of that of Gran Turismo Sport, the "Dirt Champion/King - Fisherman’s Ranch" Event was the best farming event. We expected improvement from the 1.07 Update, but we saw the greatest impertinence by Polyphony Digital/PS Studios and Kazunori Yamauchi which he reaffirmed with his statement afterwards in which he dodged the issue with sentences we could barely relate. We have been seldomly so shocked by an update of any game and never expected that would be the case with Gran Turismo.
I am someone who played Gran Turismo since the third edition and since Gran Turismo 6 we see a move from dedicating your work to the Fans and Players and simultaneously money to only more money using the good reputation of this game until GT5.
We demand change, in an update that should come as soon as possible. With this I just don't want to come forward with our demands but also propose some for you, so you still make gains and with that both sides can smile and get along.
  • Every prize money for events which have been decreased in the 1.07/1.08 Update should be either undone or increased based on pre-1.06.
  • Increase the Prize Money Pool of Sport Races
    Create a championship or similar to the Red Bull X Championship in Gran Turismo 6 where you can earn 1 million in 15 minutes.
  • Abolish invitations to purchase cars in dealerships, absolutely nobody needs that, and it also harms your earnings from players expenses
  • More Valuable Prize cars for each event including Missions, and don't limit that at World Races just to a car of the "Car Menus", for example - make a AMG Mercedes CLK-GTR winnable, or a Jaguar XJ13
  • Make cars at Hagerty available longer so there is opportunity to buy a car with a double-digit million tag
  • Based on the proposal regarding Hagerty: Increase the maximum credits balance to 50 million like in GT6 so players also can save money for it and don't have to spend it instantly (Imagine the XJ13 and other double-digit cars appear simultaneously.)
  • For the wealthy players/fans since I think we need to represent all, (MTX is not bad as long as the ones who don't want to spend more money because they can't don’t become affected, so the majority): More Credits for sale with a lower price tag the more the credits are. (Look at Rockstar Games/GTA V, 8 million Bucks for 75€ is enough to buy the most expensive vehicles)
  • If the servers are down, don't unnecessarily take down the entire game limiting it to races at just 16 tracks, 13 cars and the Music Rally and none is one of our own. Limit the Always-Online functionality to the Sport Mode and the Lobby
With these suggestions implemented, we all can get along. Furthermore, think about the future regarding the fans being forced to buy Microtransactions-related money, do you think they would buy a GT8 or a successor while they know you might do this again? Nobody wants that as you can quote that in Metacritic or GTPlanet.net and may consider other alternatives to GT like Assetto Corsa or even worse - buy a XBOX and play Forza Horizon/Motorsport.
Regards,
A Gran Turismo Fan.

Last edited:
Signed. I remember unsuccessfully making a petition to re-introduce performance % scaling from GT5 into GT6's seasonal events, that was the bees knees, loved racing with under-powered vehicles for an increased challenge AND payout. I wish you success with this petition.

Pass, this is laughably bad.

This is a pretty skewed and garbage interpretation of events, and completely lacks the understanding not only of Gran Turismo history but also video game development in general. Apparently, you want the "Fisherman's Ranch Simulator" instead of more than a well-rounded game.

It's really weird that the people claiming Polyphony is after money are begging for more easy money in the video game.

Upon reflection, I think potentially a different petition keeping it simple is probably the way to go, there's already a petition specifically for turn 'always online' - off, so we should support that one first, then if that works, see about getting more credits so we can avoid micro-transactions for those that want to.

you should ask to remove the tactical core of the MTX ... the credit cap, anyway 50mio cap is good too

Last edited:
Upon reflection, I think potentially a different petition keeping it simple is probably the way to go, there's already a petition specifically for turn 'always online' - off, so we should support that one first, then if that works, see about getting more credits so we can avoid micro-transactions for those that want to.
I think having all changes in one petition is far better. Signing 2 or more different petitions and gaining attention for them is extremely difficult

It's really weird that the people claiming Polyphony is after money are begging for more easy money in the video game.
What's really weird is that you think two factors of the same argument being talked about is weird.

Anyway, not to be the bearer of bad news, but this is going to do even less than most online petitions do. Petitions are there to raise awareness of how seriously of an issue someone has on their hands over something, but PD/Sony knew this backlash was going to happen. That's why they hid the microtransaction costs until after the review period was over; and possibly even factored in to how the early game career structure (ie. the part that most reviewers would experience before embargo lifted) was designed. PD/Sony know exactly why they are getting the response they are getting. PD/Sony know it would be trivial for them to fix most the issues in one full swoop, probably before they had even gotten the servers back up.

They don't want to do anything about it. That's why every official response on these matters, dating back to when Kaz was questioned about the always-online single player game quagmire, has essentially been defiance mixed with "deal with it." That's why the best PD could come up with regarding the backlash to PD's patch where they deliberately lowered game payouts was Kaz telling people he's sorry they don't understand why they designed the game the way they did. PD probably didn't intend for all of their scummy practices to come to a head at the same time with their patch caused the always-online game to be unplayable for over a day just before it became clear how far they were willing to push the level of price inflation and FOMO they've baked into the game structure; but even after that murderer's row of horrendous PR the closest we have to a statement on the matter is the nonsense Kaz put out. The only real hope at this point is that the influencers and game developers that are publicly trashing the game to hundreds of thousands of views spread enough bad word of mouth that Sony is forced to do something about it; but PD have never given much indication that they care about any of that before.

Last edited:
Hm, ask ten players and you get ten solutions. I would muliply the income from arcade and custom races by 5 to 10, for example. So, you could earn some decent credits, while having fun with your garage.

KJF
The petition is worded poorly and really should have been vetted before it was put out.

I'm not meaning to be a dick, I support the sentiment behind it, but things like this need to be done properly.
poorly worded*

poorly worded*
My grammar is terrible, which is why I would never create an online petition without first vetting it lol

It's too informal in places and is filled with grammatical errors. He really cannot expect people to take it seriously.

Last edited:
KJF
The petition is worded poorly and really should have been vetted before it was put out.

I'm not meaning to be a dick, I support the sentiment behind it, but things like this need to be done properly.
Sorry that I am busy with speaking English, Spanish, Turkish and German 🙄

Is it that bad?

Sorry that I am busy with speaking English, Spanish, Turkish and German 🙄

Is it that bad?
Don't take it personally. I'm not bothered about your ability to speak or type any language. I'm just saying that if you want a petition to be taken seriously then you're best off getting it vetted before posting it.

It's constructive criticism with the idea being to help you out, I'm not mocking you.

EDIT: And it's not that it's bad, it's perfectly readable. It's just that if things like this aren't spot on they are easily critisised.

Last edited:
Well, since I can edit the petition you can tender me your proposals to improve it here.

EDIT: I have noticed something important. Kazunori apparently only understands and speaks Japanese.

Anyone who understands Japanese and is able to translate the petition text anyone?

Last edited:
If they bring back selling used cars, get rid of these 'invitiations' and legendary cars only being available for a short time, whilst making all used car models available to buy now rather than on a timed rotation basis (they can still be 300,000cr for all I care) PD will have gone a long way to restoring my faith in their statement that "they want all players to enjoy GT7 without microtransactions".

Ok then, let's try a more serious approach.
How much credits is enough?

Some think that everything should be available after completing the menu so credits wouldn't matter at all, the game would die a horrible death if it was designed that way since most players want a purpose when the spend time playing.

If the goal of credits is to buy the most expensive cars within a few hours of playing, then the payouts would have to be in the millions pr event. And with that kind of money players would be able to buy everything in the game except the most expensive cars with a few days of playtime. Even if it was supposed to be possible to get a unicorn within weeks the same would apply, everything else would be so easy to get it would be almost like getting a buffet of "stuff".

Imho and as i have suggested before, the game needs a modern gaming loop with daily and weekly challenges and rewards.

Daily challenge:
For example, complete 5 laps on spa with provided car in under 12 minutes and pick between cars/spare parts/money in suitable class/amounts. Or complete 20 laps on spa with tire wear and fuel usage and earn more.

Weekly challenge (examples) complete all of the following:
Set a Qualifying lap earning at least bronze on these 10 circuits with the following car.
Complete the WTC 700 in the special provided car.
5 laps at spa in the rain with the slowest lap not being over 2:20:00 in a special provided car
4 laps are the N24, night race in a provided P400 car, place among the best 3 and do not lap slower than 8:20:00

Get a gift card for any car up to 4 million or 2 million in credit or any spare part of your choice.

And the wheel of misfortune needs to go to hell, it's the most stupid game mechanic ever invented and it makes no sense whatsoever, it's just a frustration catalyst. The card should just show the reward and it must always be "worth it".

Ohh... what the heck, I'm in.

Edit: wouldn't give me a chance to make a comment, but oh well...

Last edited:
If nothing happens, no statement with any intention of change included then perhaps we start rating all Forza Games with 10 on Metacritic?

Last edited:
Back