PETITION. Make GT5 more like GT4

  • Thread starter Thread starter cudwieser
  • 15 comments
  • 2,008 views
Messages
461
Ireland
Ireland
In light of current campaigns to ammend the crippling errors in the current iteration of the worlds greatest racing sim, errors that have stifled an otherwise great game to little more than a semi linear procession of race after race supposedly geared to a pretty lame online community. GT5 has lost the game that gave it its name and replaced it with a contrieved and messy demonstration piece of what racing was instead of offering the competition and community it should be.

I'm not going to steal the thunder of other campaigners who seek other facets of the game to be changed, namely the trade limit petition

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showth...limit+petition


but add what I feel is another key facet that should bring gt5 back (or close) to the glory days of gt4.

We need to bring back the ability to re-win and resell all cars for a value comparable to gt4. Whethers flamers agree or not, this ability to resell and rewin has been the essence of competition since year dot. You don't win the same olympic discipline every four years for twenty years for just one medal. You expect the same medal everytime you win. It's the same with prize cars. You win a race, you get the money and experience, AND YOU GET THE CAR.

So please join me and give me your vote to this petition and together with the removal of the trade limits we can bring life back to GT once again

Thank You

Give vote here.

http://feedback.gtplanet.net/forums...duce-re-winnable-prize-cars-and-more-prize-mo
 
Sorry, but I don't see a value in this. It just seems like a way to get more money, not a way to improve the game. If the car has a value to you, you would not sell it. If it has no value to you, sell it. You have no need for a second one, other than to make money.
 
Sorry, but I don't see a value in this. It just seems like a way to get more money, not a way to improve the game. If the car has a value to you, you would not sell it. If it has no value to you, sell it. You have no need for a second one, other than to make money.

I'm afraid I have to agree. There's already the Seasonals, but It could be a bit useful for people who has lousy or no connections, so If you're leaning to that angle, then It could work. But adding the ability to re-win a prize car on one event won't be to much value, considering how much money you get if you sell it. But If it's for a more constructive purpose, like tuning, then It would add in more value. However, It would be a bit of a problem If it's used for pure trading. I would also like to see a removal of the 1 million trading limit, but if it did, PD should implement a more strict and secure trading system, like only trade in some sort of "sandbox" where both traders trade at the same time.
 
Eliminate online if its gonna be like GT4, NO THANKS.
 
Eliminate online if its gonna be like GT4, NO THANKS.

The OP only meant certain features, like re-winning prize cars and raising A- and B-Spec race prizes.
 
We already have enough standards. :p
 
I do sorta miss GT4 menus lol

I agree. I liked how it was based onto a map, so It felt like you're driving wherever you want to go w/ your car :drool: Same thing for GT2.
 
I'm pretty sure PD has their own idea of how fast we should be allowed to make money in this game, although the recent seasonals seem to indicate they aren't set in stone about it. Still, if they brought back repeatable prize cars they would likely balance that by reducing credit payouts.

I suppose the "clearing trophies and re-winning them and their prize" was kind of silly, but I did like how you won a car for every championship you won, and you didn't always win the same car. Automatic replay value there, as well as a slightly higher feeling of being rewarded for going through the whole championship. Also can't see why they took out the championship credit rewards for finishing in positions other than first, that's just rude.

EDIT: Agreed, GT4s menus were nicer than the lifeless jumble we have now. But at least they kept the part where it could be really frustrating to actually move your cursor to where you want it to go. ;)
 
Well, not really. The seasonals pay good money atm and the tickets for the expert seasonal were really a good idea.

If someone suffers from having no internet that's a shame but it's 2011: have a good talk to your local authorities (or your parents)
 
Bring back the Special Conditions (dirt and snow plus Tsukuba Wet) races, the Mission Hall (driving missions) and more races in general (including manufacturers and endurance events)
 
I hope they can include the one make race where you can race it in the dealership if i am not wrong
 
Inferno251
Bring back the Special Conditions (dirt and snow plus Tsukuba Wet) races, the Mission Hall (driving missions) and more races in general (including manufacturers and endurance events)

Yeah man without it its nog realy gt5
 
Sorry but I cant agree with any of you requests.

The need to re-run races was nice in gt4 cause it took a while to earn cash, this is the essence of repetition (yet to you this is the essence of competition). Winning a championship over and over in order to get the car you want in GT4 was necessary since some cars could only be won this way, thats not the case with GT5 except for a few cars except the prize cars aren't random like GT4.

With GT5 all you need to do is run the seasonal events, I'm gettin more money than I can spent at the moment (since i'm not buying cars anymore).

Its likely that pd didnt want a repeat of the gt4 grinding method, win a car sell car repeat. This might be why theres a limit to which cars can be sold.
 
Last edited:
Just wait for GT6. The even GT games always have more content than their Odd counterparts. GT5 has around 200 cars and around 40 track variations. The Standard cars and ported tracks are just bonus items in the game (although you actually need the FGT).
 
Back