Peugeot 905 v 908

• Thread starter seadog777
  • 22 comments

seadog777

Premium
Malaysia
Iskandar
seadog777
I did do a search for the 905, but could only find trades.

It's just popped up in my UCD for about 4.3 million. The 908 is only 4 and seems to have plenty of fans.

Is the more expensive 905 worth getting? It seems to have less grunt.... so why more expensive?

Any advice before shelling out my hard earned welcome.....:)

Is the more expensive 905 worth getting? It seems to have less grunt.... so why more expensive?
Because barely any of the UCD prices make any sense, basically. :lol:

The 905 could probably hold its own against the 908, but the 908 would be faster most of the time.

Thanks peeps.... I'll buy a 908.... especially now as you can't trade rare, expensive motors.

The 908 looks nicer too!

Honestly, I haven't a clue which is better. I'd have to bet the 908 is. However, I own both cars. Thing is, I've never driven the 905. The 905 has 200-some ft-lbs of torque. The 908 has over 1000. Ill go give the 905 a drive and get back to you.

Edit: It has 436 ft-lbs of torque. I changed the oil and it jumped quite a bit.

They are both great. The 908 is newer and uses more modern technology and is an overall better car but the 905 is not much behind. I would have purchased the 905 if I was you since you do not know how long the next time the the 905 would show in the ucd and you can buy the 908 any time in the new dealership. I think you will be happy with either.

The 905 is the winner of Le Mans 1992 and 1993, so it must have been a great car back then, but there's 17 years of automotive development between these two. Not sure how this transfers from RL to a game. My choice would be 908 first, then the 905 - just to have them both in my garage

the 905 is awesome. one of my fave cars. pretty easy to drive.

It has a lower topspeed than the 908. 30 to 50 km/hr less. redlines at 12,000 rpm.

I love driving it and i drive it more often than my 908.

The 905 is the winner of Le Mans 1992 and 1993, so it must have been a great car back then, but there's 17 years of automotive development between these two.
Also a significant amount of rule changes..

I havent got it, but if you haven't bought yet, I'd get the 905. You can get the 908 at any time.

The 905 is a beast of a car :). I own all the Peugeot race cars but the 905 is my favourite. I love the looks of this car and the livery and rear wing look awesome IMO. I also think it sounds the best out of all the LM race cars. It also revs really high which was a pleasant surprised when I first used it. It's also a standard and may never pop up again so I would highly reccomend it if you haven't already bought the 908 :)

the 905 only hits 370~ without draft but its the fastest with draft that ive noticed. ive hit 440~ on indy drafting with it before.

The 905 is very light at 750 kilograms, making it the lightest LMP1/Group C car in the game, and as such it can handle very well. Despite having high pp value due to the power/weight ratio, I've seen many top drivers use it for limited pp events as one of the fastest cars to go in. It does have low top speed, though.

on le sarthe the 905 would dust the 908 on the mulsanne straight being a group c car which had higher top speeds of the prototypes but average lap times the 908 would fair better due to quicker cornering but the times dont differ much for me. May be a couple of seconds.

on le sarthe the 905 would dust the 908 on the mulsanne straight being a group c car which had higher top speeds of the prototypes but average lap times the 908 would fair better due to quicker cornering but the times dont differ much for me. May be a couple of seconds.

The biggest differences would be felt from the start/finish through Tetre Rouge and from Indianapolis through the Ford chicanes. The Indianapolis section would get the handling and grip, while the Porsche Curves would test the high speed cornering, and the Ford chicanes would test how well you can brake and get back on the power. All of these are coupled with some straights of decent length so the straight line speed could be tested at the same time. I don't feel the Chicanes on the straights would do any good testing because they aren't too hard for the cars to manage.

Both cars are very easy to handle for their class, the 908 is faster round the ring I believe, though don't quote me on that (it is certainly faster than the 787B on Le Mans and Nurburgring), but the 905 can happily be detuned to 650pp and owns in the Nurburgring A-Spec seasonal, like the 787B detuned, but I find the 905 somewhat easier to handle (I'm thinking throttle control here, and maybe slightly less understeer; at least on the tunes that I use) - I did use it a lot on there.

But (a big but), and this is my 2 cents as I am more concerned about these things - because the two you mention are rather similar, the deciding factor for me is the cockpit view, I use it exclusively now, and I can say I would much rather race in the 908 for 24hrs than the 905 with it's boring black outlined window . . .

Oh and also there's 2 908's so if you are concerned about the looks, then I think you have more choice - the Matmut is really colourful.

Though basically what I'm trying to say is get them both, lol. Your garage will be much better off with them both in it.

Last edited:
A big problem with the 905 is that its so light and has so much power throughout the power band that you're going to shred the tires out of most slow speed corners, where the 908 has to build up more before it reaches the highest point of its power band.

I think the real major difference (this is technically a response to the two above posters) is the torque amount.

The 908 has the most torque of all LMP/Group C cars as far as I can remember, while the 905 has one of the lowest amounts of torque. The 905 also is lighter by 70 kilos if I remember correctly, which could account for what Hyped is saying.

Thing is... I've got the 908 on my main, and the 905 on my alt. In a comparison test I did (before update 2.09 - I need to redo this test) using a standard G25 racing wheel, I was about 5 seconds faster in the 905 on Sarthe than the 908. Both on Racing Hards.

I couldn't tell you what the exact setup was, but I DID put them both at 1000 kilos for an even test to see who was faster with restrictions. If I remember right, the 905 was very sharp through the turns - even when I slammed the gas, it didn't kick out or slide whatsoever. This, I believe, is due to the lower torque. (Only driving aid on was ABS - set to 5 for both.)

The 908, however, was all over the place before I got my tires warmed up (about five laps before I felt comfortable and went for some hot laps) and I do believe that this is due to the 908's higher torque curve compared to the 905. They both did handle almost the same once the tires were warmed up enough, though.

That being said, I've run both cars in the 24 Hours of LeMans pre-2.09, and the 908 was better on fuel economy and tire wear than the 905. Why? I really don't know. I drove with the same style throughout the race, which was a calm pace because I had lapped the field due to them having to pit a lot more frequently than I did.

It could have also been that me and 2 friends rotated driving duties just like real LeMans drivers do - 8 hour stints, me with the G25 and them with DFGT's. It could theoretically made a difference. The only actual way to test which one is better overall is to identical conditions and everything else it - which isn't possible at the moment, none of us can reproduce what our lines exactly were and how we took each corner.

If you got fed up with how long and dully informative of a post this was, I'll give you my opinion; The 908 may be better for enduros, but the 905 is a lot more fun to drive.

All I can say after everything everyone else has said is BUY THE 905! You will not regret it!! I have a really good setup on mine an if you need it just PM me and I will post it here!

Back