Sports Cars Peugeot announces partnership with Rebellion (2022 Hypercar)

Discussion in 'Motorsport' started by G.T.Ace, Dec 4, 2019.

1. G.T.Ace

G.T.Ace

More here: https://www.rebellion-racing.com/en...2rOqhKMCDNG2seSogwfTvJB4rEtYiMHl4_7T-tqaacRrs

[​IMG]

Reminds me of something. ;)

[​IMG]

Timlour, Cristobal1234, 05XR8 and 3 others like this.
  2. doblocruiser

doblocruiser

You see that the new face of Peugeot has been added. Wonder if the 750 will have anything todo with the hypercar class. I expect something in the lines of the VGT models or the ONYX. Their new Hybrid powerplants have been in full development so I expect great things of them in 2022!

Seems indeed an evolution of the L750! Peugeot director and GTSport tweeted about it :bowdown:

Last edited: Dec 4, 2019
  3. 05XR8

05XR8

And people, on here, complain of these "fantasy" cars. :lol:

Good stuff. :tup:

4. CLowndes888

CLowndes888

This looks to be mid-engine variation on the L750R. The cockpit has been moved forward quite a bit.

5. MrWaflz55

MrWaflz55

I saw that image on social media before following the link in the OP and I thought it was just some fan rendering, lol. Turns out it's actually official, and that blows my mind. Here I though the L750R was the silliest out of all the VGTs in GT Sport, and it's the closest out of all of them to actually being a thing.

Mind you, I don't hate VGT cars. It's just I thought the Peugeot would be the last one I would see in real life.

6. LeGeNd-1

LeGeNd-1 Premium

Called it when it was first announced that it's gonna be based on VGT. Surprised they went with the L750R instead of the original VGT if they're going to make it mid engined though.

7. TheElbows

TheElbows

Good news, but man, 2022 is far enough away that it's a struggle to get excited by this. Particularly if HyperCar is a collossal failure before they even get there. I'd hate to see HyperCar struggle and have Peugeot pull funding just before properly diving in, etc.

I do think overall it's strong news though and I hope it encourages some other manufacturers to consider it. Hypercar is in such a bizarre place right now...

8. MIE1992

MIE1992

It seems confirmed that the WEC Hypercar class cars would be placed in Gr.1 if they were added to GT. This could be really interesting, especially when some automakers may only be able to get into Gr.1 with a VGT and/or WEC Hypercar - Aston Martin comes to mind. The only two Aston Martins I could see being in Gr.1 at this point, are the AMR-One and the upcoming Valkyrie that's meant for the WEC Hypercar class.

What do you mean, when you say it's in a bizarre place at the moment? It sounds like it'll be much more affordable than LMP1. We've already seen interest from Toyota, Aston Martin, and SCG, so I'm excited to see if more automakers join in, especially if they didn't bother with LMP1. There seem to be plenty of other road cars that could provide a basis for a WEC Hypercar, too, like the AMG Project ONE, or the McLaren Speedtail.

9. TheElbows

TheElbows

It's in a bizarre place because they're still re-working the regulations and the leading interested parties have to be on track within 10 months time in full race trim.

They've gone from road-inspired cars...to a mix of road inspired and prototypes (meaning they're yielding to some players to get more interest in the type). They've been going round and round with the budgets (with several interested parties apparently asking for larger budgets...which will then, in turn, crush the other smaller interested parties, etc.).

It's just a friggin' mess right now as a governing rule-set. The use of quasi-streetcars and prototypes also means the BOP will be a nightmare, etc. etc. etc.

Is it interesting and intriguing? Of course. Is it a circus of flinging poo right now? Also, yes.

MIE1992 likes this.
  10. MIE1992

MIE1992

It sounds like some parties just want to continue LMP1. If the cars aren't not road-inspired, and unaffordable for teams to competently compete, then what's the point?

11. TheElbows

TheElbows

That's kinda my point. I hope, I really do, that it turns out to be a wonderful and successful series. It's just in a super weird place right now. A short time frame, bizarre rules combinations, unknown budgets, etc.