Peugeot brand will lead PSA’s return to U.S.

• Thread starter bremics
  • 3 comments
Canada
Canada
bremics
bremics
PSA is in the process of homologating Peugeots for the U.S. market, which is a multiyear process.

“We have given ourselves a 10-year horizon, starting in 2016, in which to launch retail in North America,” Dominique said. “If we can do it earlier than that, we’ll do it when it’s appropriate.”

https://www.autonews.com/automakers-suppliers/peugeot-brand-will-lead-psas-return-us

After seeing all these sexy Peugeot threads, this is pretty exciting news!

The whole 2026 thing is kind of a downer but 2024 is when my car is payed off that leaves me with seven years to save up, two years without car payments, for a 508!

Unfortunately, from I'm assuming that's it's going to just be the crossovers since they are doing market research with a ride sharing service (although wagons are making a comeback), plus they will originally only be for sale in 15 states and 4 provinces... I'm assuming Ontario and Quebec obviously but... Eh.

Here's hoping for a electric/plugin hybrid 508 wagon for 2026 or earlier!

all-new-508-sw-lp-banner.416061.11.jpg

I am a little suspicious, naturally.

While they make cool cars for other markets, they are cars largely in segments that are pretty much dead here. Is it going to be more like Fiat's mostly disappointing expedition to the US market? Sell one or two niche products and then try to badge engineer a few more mainstream products that leave most buyers saying "why?"

On the other hand, if they can make and sell the E-legend in the US Market, I will do practically anything to have one. Please make it in green.

(I grew up in a Peugeot household [in New England of course]. We had 3x 504s and 2x 505s, all of which died typical New England deaths due to rust, except the one that burned to nothing. Knowing that the E-legend is essentially a tribute to the 504 coupe makes me feel deeply nostalgic. I can still remember exactly the way that interior felt, looked, and even smelled.)

I am a little suspicious, naturally.

While they make cool cars for other markets, they are cars largely in segments that are pretty much dead here. Is it going to be more like Fiat's mostly disappointing expedition to the US market? Sell one or two niche products and then try to badge engineer a few more mainstream products that leave most buyers saying "why?"

On the other hand, if they can make and sell the E-legend in the US Market, I will do practically anything to have one. Please make it in green.

(I grew up in a Peugeot household [in New England of course]. We had 3x 504s and 2x 505s, all of which died typical New England deaths due to rust, except the one that burned to nothing. Knowing that the E-legend is essentially a tribute to the 504 coupe makes me feel deeply nostalgic. I can still remember exactly the way that interior felt, looked, and even smelled.)
Actually, they have tons of crossovers now, a crossover for every sedan/hatch.

208 hatch, 2008 crossover
308 hatch, 3008 crossover
508 sedan, 5008 crossover
Etc

Don't care for crossovers at all though, don't even know what the Peugeot crossovers look like lol. Might as well check...

5008-suv-gtlp-header.378458.11.jpg

3008-suv-gt-line-premium-technology.368081.27.jpg

5008-suv-gt-line-interior-reason-to-choose.107418.107418.27.jpg

Back and interior is pretty nice, that front end is pretty boring IMHO

Oops, that's the 3008 back...

I usually keep saying Peugeot should bring the RCZ to the States if Peugeot were to return to the United States. One time, I seen a Peugeot 206 here in Houston a long time ago. Maybe that was from Mexico (or is Peugeot still sold in Mexico?). I am quite fond of Peugeot actually. One of my favorite Peugeots then was the beautiful 406.

It would be interesting seeing today's Peugeot bring their automobiles to the United States. Ir wasn't an Italian takeover with FIAT, and I am not expecting the same with Peugeot and any French invasion. Heck, it isn't even a French invasion considering the partnership with Nissan and Renault. Anyhow... this should be interesting to see what Peugeot can do in returning to the USA.

Latest Posts

Back