PGA / LPGA / personal golf

• Thread starter Nicksfix
  • 961 comments
Finally got out on my home course yesterday, shot a pretty rubbish score (namely thanks to 2 poor holes, a 6 on the par 3 6th and a 10 on the par 4 9th.) Shot 54 for the 9, with a par on 7 and had a look at birdie on 8 but 3 putted for a 5. Irons felt fantastic, strongest part of my game by far, wedges were excellent and when I did pull out the big stick, it did everything I asked. Putting let me down big time, missed some very simple putts and left a lot of longer ones very short.
Course looked great as well.
20240318_105938.jpg
20240318_111745.jpg

First pic is looking at the 4th green on the way to the 1st tee, looking down the 4th fairway, second pic is the par 3 2nd from the tee box, 189 yards, water as you see it plus another water hazard just front right of the green.

@lilcat89 played the whole 9 hole round with the new TM Speed Soft, felt really good, seems to be managing what it claims, got good distance on the big shots and it felt really nice around the green, little clicky off the putter but not in a horrible way. Definitely worth checking out and might be the one I go for this season.

Last edited:
Finally got out on my home course yesterday, shot a pretty rubbish score (namely thanks to 2 poor holes, a 6 on the par 3 6th and a 10 on the par 4 9th.) Shot 54 for the 9, with a par on 7 and had a look at birdie on 8 but 3 putted for a 5. Irons felt fantastic, strongest part of my game by far, wedges were excellent and when I did pull out the big stick, it did everything I asked. Putting let me down big time, missed some very simple putts and left a lot of longer ones very short.
Course looked great as well.
View attachment 1338473View attachment 1338474

First pic is looking at the 4th green on the way to the 1st tee, looking down the 4th fairway, second pic is the par 3 2nd from the tee box, 189 yards, water as you see it plus another water hazard just front right of the green.
It looks quite nice out there. 50 yards and in is my weak point as well.
@lilcat89 played the whole 9 hole round with the new TM Speed Soft, felt really good, seems to be managing what it claims, got good distance on the big shots and it felt really nice around the green, little clicky off the putter but not in a horrible way. Definitely worth checking out and might be the one I go for this season.
Good to know! Ill have to give them a go next time I play.

Back