PGR4 is one of the all-time greats, and the engine sounds are phenomenal still!

• Thread starter Alex p.
  • 4 comments

Which driving physics/handling do you prefer? PGR2, PGR3 or PGR4?

• Total voters
Germany
Hanover/Germany
alexpkas
So after having finished PGR2, 3 and 4, I can conclusively say that PGR4 to me, is the second best in the series, right after PGR2. While PGR2 is a true masterpiece to me, the 4th one is pretty close to it, but maybe not quite there. It does improve on the graphics of the 3rd, the physics feel much heavier (and more "realistic"), the A.I. seems improved as well, there are lots of new tracks and cities, the car list grew from ~70-~120 and they even added bikes.
The bikes are rather "unbalanced" though, as while they are mostly quicker, than the cars, it's very easy to fall of and thus loose lots of time in a race.

One major new feature is different weather conditions during the races. From light rain, to heavy storms, and even heavy snow fall, you'll be further challenged, as these new conditions also affect the physics. You can even have huge puddles or even ice pats on the road, which can completely unsettle your car and spin you out.

The biggest imrovement this game made though imo, are the engine sounds. Oh my! Some of the cars sound pretty much spot on! You can definatly recognize if it's a V8, V10, V12, a Wankel engine or sth. else. Some cars sound just fantastic! Some of my favourites in that department are the Gallardo, F430, F40, RX7, M5, M1 and LP640. If you wann check out some of these engine sounds, just have a look at the vids I did below. :)

So all in all PGR4 is a HUGE improvement over PGR3 in every aspect (except maybe the handling of the cars), and is still one of the best racing games off all time. Pretty much a true classic and in my opinion, very much worth your time even today!

Last edited:
Every time someone mentions PGR, I get sad. @McLaren get in here and feel sad with me. :lol:
sad.jpg

Some engine sound comparisons between PGR4, Forza 2 and Driveclub. Unsurprisingly, some of those are won by PGR4, although Driveclub is generally excellent as well!

Latest Posts

Back