• Thread starter Ph1sh
  • 7 comments

Ph1sh

Fear The Fish
Premium
United States
Minnesota
GTP_Ph1sh
Hello GTPlanet:gtpflag: I thought I would create a thread with updates on my Dirt Track Racing Career! I've had many people been begging to me to create a thread to share my dirt track racing experience so I thought I give it a go before starting up this Spring / Summer / Fall this year.

Ph1sher´s Past Experience In Dirt Track Racing
:2011:

Growing Up, I've had such a huge passion for dirt track racing, A local Go Karter friends had some serious fast tracks, There is a local Dirt Go Kart track next to my home track, Viking Speedway. One night, they let me hop in one of their Go Karts. I was 13 years old back then, It was a blast they even timed my laps and turns out i was turning half a second on average quicker than the local Go Karters there which really even opened up my parents eyes as we all know racing is a very expensive sport no matter what Kart or car or motorcycle or anything else that you can drive. After that night I had another night of whipping some Go Karts around the Local Go Kart Dirt Track and this time I raced competitively against some racers, We had a Heat Race then a Feature race and I started 6th of 6th in my heat and finished 2nd. In The Feature I started 11th of 17 Karts and came all the way up to win my First Go kart race in my very first race. It was a great feeling as i got in the lead on the very last lap. The leader was blocking the inside so i went high and he started to slid up coming out of 4 for the checkers and I Fish crossed him and got under him to have much more speed coming out of 4 to win the race. My parents and fans were going nuts. Had many people come up to me and tell me I need to start racing in real life right away and I knew in the back of my head that I had something special and Wanted to go after it. Just overall a Great experience.

:2013:

In 2013, It was my first 1 time experience hopping into a Hornet Car. A friend of my dads raced a Honda Prelude which was a Front Wheel drive car. The entire class of Hornets were called Hornets or known as Front Wheelers. I have never used a Manual before and struggled a little bit in the pits learning how to shift but once i got on the track it got much better for me as the races went on. I started last in both races and That race got me so HOOKED to Dirt Racing like none other before I fell in love with it. As growing up with my dad he worked at the local track Viking Speedway where he was the pace truck guy and helped out there and been around there since i was 5 years old. So hopping in a Hornet when I was 15 Years old and finished last in my heat (6 Cars) and they had 10 cars for the feature and started last for the feature and finished 4th. This was at KRA Speedway, another Track around in the Central Minnesota Area. That way going back home myself and my dad talked about it and we immediately agreed Id be buying a Hornet for the 2014 Season and going for it at I94 Speedway, Viking Speedway, KRA Speedway, Ogilive Raceway, and Granite City Speedway.

:2014:

This is the True beginning of Fisher Racing. A friend of ours helped out right away and was like a mentor in racing for me. He had raced for the past 2 years in the Hornet class and won Track Championships at I94 Speedway and Many Huge wins. He had saw me race in the Hornet previous year as well as the Go Kart year and knew I was up and coming. The car we got was the same car as his car, Mitsubishi Eclipse 92 5 Speed Manual. It was if not the fastest but one of the fastest cars in the Hornet class. My first race of the season at I94 Speedway in the Heat race I finished I believe 3rd or 2nd, and In the feature I was running about mid pack and Ka BOOM goes my engine. So I missed 1 week of racing to buy a new engine for my hornet, Lucky enough that week was rained out and no racing at all. So overtime in the hornet year I was getting faster and faster every race. Then there came a point in that season where No One could beat me. Litterly won the last 6 of 7 races. I won the Track Championship at Viking Speedway (3 races) 5th Place In Standings at I94 Speedway. Won the Gold Cup at KRA Speedway, and Thorsen Memorial at I94 Speedway. I ended the 2014 Season with 20 Overall Wins (8 Feature Wins / 12 Heat Wins) Had a bunch of 2nd Place finishes as well including Runner up at Ogilvie Raceway where i raced a Bmod National Champion who had a Hothatch Hornet that was wicked Fast and was so fun race against him, I couldve won that race but i accidentally hit him trying to slide job him in 4 for the checkers but didnt work so i let off the gas for him. But man we had a lot of fun that season. Lots of success! Fear The Fish was Created. We knew I had to move up a class next year with this much success.

IMG_0097 r1 ar46.jpg

IMG_0115 r1 ar46.jpg

:2015:

This was the year where we moved up a class and knew challenges were ahead for the first time for Ph1sher. As it was a transition from Front wheel to Rear Wheel and A LOT more Horsepower. The First race I ever had in the Wissota Street Stock didnt go as great as past 1st race success for myself but That was okay as I knew i had to work for it and the Competition was way tougher with competing against National Champions in the Wissota Street Stock class as well as many years of experience for many of the other drivers. I was 18 When we started off Racing. We only raced Viking Speedway Weekly and hit up I94 Speedway a few times and KRA Speedway Once. it was a learning Year. It took myself a few weeks to get used to the car as well as getting a good setup on the car. Heres a Video of my very first race as you can see the Car was Tight, Slow, Hard to Handle. I could go on and on about how Terrible the car was to drive the first few nights

About after a few races into the season we got a call from the local newspaper and they wanted to interview me about my history with the battle of my Hearing Aids that i have in my ears to help me hear as well as Dirt Track Racing Sucess, Here is the 2 Part Story of my Story

Part 1: http://www.echopress.com/sports/3782626-jordans-journey-early-obstacles-dont-stand-way

Part 2: http://www.echopress.com/sports/3796911-jordans-journey-drive-racing

Towards the end of the season in my Rookie Season of the Wissota Street Stock, Things really started to click for me. We had one night we started towards the rear and got up to 5th - 6th and going into corner one a guy punted me off track and blew my transmission. Lots of money to fix that up. As well as many nights where we had a lot of success. To end the season for my first year, Despite being out powered quite a bit from the entire competition, we are talking 20-50 Horsepower less. I still managed to run right up front with the big boys who have won many championships. I ended up the season with 20 Nights of racing, 6th Place in Points at Viking Speedway which got me the Viking Speedway Wissota Street Stock rookie of the year. I got 15th in Wissota Street Stock Points across the entire Wissota Nation (83 Total Wissota Street Stock Rookies) They take your best 30 shows for points but I didnt even get 30 shows in my rookie year. It really didnt matter to me with the whole points and standings stuff to me last year as i was just worried trying to figure out the car as it finally clicked at the end last year even though I still lacked power. Lots of Updates were coming into 2016 as We knew that I could perform at a high level with some serious competition if the car wants to go well. Even with my great race (Video Below) Didnt matter that I got hit into the wall by another racer and went down to 9th even though i Should've got in the Top 5. But the experience being up front was amazing and I knew i could be up there if i have a car that will have power, and handles good.

15th In Wissota Street Stock Nation: http://wissota.org/points.php?type=rookie&track_id=6000&class=Street Stock

6th In Points At Viking Speedway: http://speednetdirect.com/syndicate/synd_pointsselect.php?uid=advantage2&sel_track=8068

I have had even experiences last year where even today I watch the video and ask myself how in the world did I avoid that crash? Heres a Short GoPro Video from my Hornet Rookie Year and this Past year in the Wissota Street Stock as well where I came very close but somehow avoided it.

- The Hornet GoPro Video was at Ogilvie Raceway and i had to hit the wall super hard to avoid it and my GoPro snapped off and the fuel line wire snapped off which I did NOT like at all! I was coming up really fast that race and felt like I couldve easily won If the switch didnt come off.
- https://youtu.be/tvJN0LaV8Dc

- The Street Stock GoPro video is I believe earlier in the season last year and was in the back learning the car getting used to it and all the sudden the guy went around right in front of me.
- https://youtu.be/1GYyglbcw5I

:2016:

This Year We have big plans for the Wissota Street Stock, Including Brand New Engine At least 50 More horsepower or more, Ride Height Lowered, Suspension Fixed, Bigger Exhaust, Much Much More.

:Live Updates:

Thank You Guys! I will continue to update this thread if enough interest comes in and people want to stay tuned throughout my Dirt Track Racing Career. :cheers:

Last edited:
Awesome stuff! I know you will be in the big leagues soon!any plans to move to K&N or ARCA in the coming years?
Well After this year of racing coming up We will see how it goes, If it goes really well, Its a possibility of moving up to either K&N or ARCA. If any of those itd be most likely ARCA but again We will see. That would be awesome to drive in either of those big league series. Thanks for checking out the thread! Ill keep updating it 👍

Update #1::

The car was sent up to Northern Minnesota this morning and my body guy who puts body's on my race car is currently working on it starting this Sunday and should be done in 1 week approx. The body will be white, decking white, bumpers front and back black. He also is installing a New Custom Cockpit for my race car.

This is what the race car looked like before leaving the Garage,

IMAG0027.jpg

Once we get the car back sometime next weekend things will really get under gear, we got our freshened Transmission back yesterday as well our motor is going to be done any day now just not ready to put it in quite yet. There's still a few steering / suspension updates we are going to do with the car. The springs that currently in the car have been used for the past 15 years so we plan to get new springs to upgrade that. We bought the new shocks half way through the season last year so we should be able to run those shocks for a month or month in a half before we start noticing the shocks are not any good anymore.

Here's a picture of the new freshened transmission. Basically what was done is it was cleaned out and we put a stronger disc that's thicker and better. Which this will cause shifting to be easier though it's an automatic transmission. We have park, reverse, natural, high gear (when slowly moving) and low gear (when racing) just when you go on the track you get up to speed and shift it to low gear and your all set. This will also help the drive train and much more. Here's a picture of the transmission waiting for her engine.

1459980545483-380868206.jpg

We finally get the wrap on the helmet completed which was done by the same people who is going to wrap my race car this year. Fear The Fish Style for the Helmet of course :sly:

14599845422661583734470.jpg

14599845890641049440110.jpg

1459984604576-1861134056.jpg

We also stopped into our graphics place where we tell them what we want on our car, colors, number styles, of course number 39. Sponsors and more. This year we will be running as we know a white body black bumpers black chassis then we decided that the graphics on the body will be black, florescent Orange and a Shiny Dark Green and Blue. Main colors will be orange and blue and black but I told them to add a little shiny dark green. Then I told them keep it Simple, Clean, Aggressive, and Fish Scary :lol: yes I told them to put Fear The Fish on the Bumper just like on my hornet and Streeter from last year.

Here's what the body style will look like when we get it back. It'll look pretty similar. (Not the colors) not my race car as well of course.

received_10153472572896859.jpeg

Thanks for tuning in on another Update on my Racing Career! I should be doing another update in a week or week in a half when I have the car with me.

If you have any questions please feel free to ask and thank you for reading this update! :cheers:

Last edited:
It needs to be all this color...with a Turtle Racing sticker slapped on it of course. :)
I have the Turtle Racing Sticker all ready to slap on the car! :sly: I'll make sure that goes on! Not sure where to put it on the car but thinking I might slap it in the cock pit

Update #1 post updated with Fear the Fish Helmet

1459984831368-1071841141.jpg

See Got the Turtle Racing Sticker All Ready for the car this year :sly:

Last edited:
Back