MustangManiac

TeamJaguarUSA
Premium
United States
Chicago
mustang622006
PHOTO FINISH

GrandValleySpeedway_4.jpg

I purchased the Camaro LM race car the other night and went looking to have a little fun. I found an old A-Spec challenge at Grand Valley Speedway, a 5 lap, 650pp or less race. I fifnished P3 in my first run with P1 and 2 in sight. I knew if I was a little more aggressive passing the back markers early on in the race that I could take them so I lined up for another shot.

Coming to the line
GrandValleySpeedway_3.jpg

By lap two I as in P7, the next lap P3 and running down the leaders. Early on the front stretch in lap 4 I overtook P2 while P1 was running up the hill out of turn 1. After crossong the bridge and coming through the tunnel turn I caught up to him heading downhill into the esses. I took a stab at the pass between the esses, he moved right to block and I bounced hard off the curb causing me to go wide out of the esses. With my right sides barely gripping the asphalt as he sped off to the final turn I thought that was it, but I stood on the gas anyway. I carried a ton of speed through that last corner and came up on him hard onto the straight. I figured he would drift to the right as P2 had done a lap earlier so I hung out to the outside. He moved about a half a lap over, paused and I was on top of him. I jerked the wheel to the right, somehow missing him and the drag race down the front straight to the checkers was on. I wasn't sure who had won until I had time to look up and see it posted...I had won by 0.014 seconds, probably my closest ever finish in GT5!

So that's what 0.014 seconds looks like at 180mph.
GrandValleySpeedway_2.jpg

Back