Photo mode quality difference on PS4 Pro Quality vs Performance mode

• Thread starter GTWelsh
  • 1 comments
Wales
Wales
TSR_GTWelsh
Has anyone else noticed the superior anti aliasing when using high resolution photo mode snaps in PS4 Pro Performance mode compared to Quality mode ?

They take longer to process due to swapping resolution and assets I suppose but the result is not the same as if you used Quality mode.

Edit: did some switching back and forth and it's very subtle to the point that I'm not sure if I'm seeing things!

Last edited:
Could be with some scenes or cars. Or maybe even placebo.

I've always used performance mode for the 60fps replays. Quality mode already devotes power to making the game look superb at the cost of frames. So when taking a photo in performance mode it has to render the maximum quality that's not normally there in that mode. That's why performance mode takes longer to render photos.

Performance mode reduces anisotropic filtering. This is noticable when driving. Anti aliasing is slightly reduced. Textures also disappear at a shorter range. For example, follow the LaFerrari or Enzo. On performance mode, the carbon fiber pieces will pop in and out view sooner. On quality mode, you can fall back a farther distance before they disappear. Lighting and Shadows also take a very small hit in quality, being that these are the most demanding due to be being dynamic.

Back