Photo Travel

  • Thread starter Thread starter Dusty1990
  • 22 comments
  • 992 views
Status
Not open for further replies.
Messages
306
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Messages
Kasabian1972
Been looking at all the different locations and noticed a lack of women, children and colored's? Only found 2 women, (although one could have been a bloke in pink shoes, he/she walked away before I could clock the face) and a tasty blonde who's always on her mobile no matter what continent she's on...

Doesn't this strike you as slightly racist, sexist and.... kid...ist? :odd:
 
I think it's more racist that you feel that they did it based on any kind of racism.

They're generic faces, stop reading into it so much =/

That "Tasty Blonde" is actually a very important woman from memory, however I cannot remember her name or why she is there.. I'll update this post when I remember but I'm drawing a blank at the moment.

Honestly I'll never understand this mentality.. "Oh you didn't include people of this gender or race, you're racist". Surely making a big deal out of somebodies race of gender is worse than just thinking of them as PEOPLE.
 
LOL

Well, I was merely making an observation, I'm sorry if I offended you!

next time I see the wife I'll make sure I don't notice her skin color (she's black), it may upset someone... 👍
 
I'm not offended, I just don't understand the mentality that's all.

Like I said I've always seen it more racist to have a "Token minority" or feeling obliged to include people of different genders or ethnicities.

People are people, who cares what they look like? :lol:
 
Maybe the race thing is to do with the areas? Germany, China/Japan and so on? I'm pretty sure I remember seeing mostly asian people in places such as Kyoto and then predominantly white in the German places (I hope they're german otherwise I've made a fool of myself) so maybe that's why? I don't think its neccessarily racist, maybe PD were trying to be overly realistic!
With the sexes however, I know there's a lot of women in the horribly pixelated crowds at races but I can't remember if there's few in photo travel. It could just be a rushed thing?
 
You're talking for the minority groups now?

I'm from the UK and the media goes out of its way to represent ALL groups, postman pat (my son loves it) doesn't just have women and black people shown, you've also got the disabled, its not a bad thing, is it?



My initial observation (mentality) was noticing there was hardly any women in photo travel, when I started the thread I realized there was no kids or coloured either, as I said, it was an observation (my mind isn't wired up or in depth enough for anything sinister), I just wanted to share it, thats all.
 
I should clarify that I'm not meaning what I'm saying as any kind of attack on you.

I'm just expressing how I feel about the topic, nothing more.

I never claimed I'm talking for "minority groups" (God I hate that term so much) I'm just expressing how stupid I find all of this talk of racism or sexism or whatever ism any time anybody so much as sneezes =/
 
I don't find it sexist or racist, I think its a breath of fresh air.

One things for damn sure though, if this game was made in the UK you'd have ALL groups represented.
 
:lol: Yeah.. like I said if anything I find that to be more racist..

"Oh dear! we don't have disabled asian women fairly represented! people will send us letters! lets put this completely contrived character in, that'll fix it."

They're just people >_< as long as there is disabled access everywhere and nobody is being treated differently based on gender or race everything is well in the world.

It's a shame humanity is so far from achieving this, it's sort of a knee jerk reaction in the opposite direction :lol:

But this is getting into philosophy, rather than Gran Turismo.
 
"Oh dear! we don't have disabled asian women fairly represented! people will send us letters! lets put this completely contrived character in, that'll fix it."


My missus works for the council, trust me, those letters exist :lol:
 
People are people, who cares what they look like?

I will never understand why the whole world can't try to grasp this mentality.
👍
 
My missus works for the council, trust me, those letters exist :lol:

I know, that's what makes me sad :lol:

I will never understand why the whole world can't try to grasp this mentality.
👍

What a lovely world it would be.
 
I blame the Muslims :lol:
 
All the women are in the kitchen, all the children are in school and all the coloured people are wearing helmets.

Question solved, next.
 
Does it really matter who's in photo travel? This is a car game not the sims.
 
All the women are in the kitchen, all the children are in school and all the coloured people are wearing helmets.

Question solved, next.

No helmets...
 
The irony in the OP is breathtaking. :boggled:
 
The OP seems more racist than anything I've heard in a while. That term hasn't been accepted since the 1960's.
 
Dusty1990
I blame the Muslims :lol:

PlainBlandMan
All the women are in the kitchen, all the children are in school and all the coloured people are wearing helmets.

Question solved, next.

Wow, these are the posts that get by now a days?

*shakes head*
 
It is a freak'n game! How you guys aren't upset there aren't any nerds in photomode is beyond me. Not everyone needs to consider everyone!

"I hate all people, regardless of race, age, gender or intelligence"
 
The OP seems more racist than anything I've heard in a while. That term hasn't been accepted since the 1960's.



WTF?

So, what term MAY I have used to have explained my observation that isn't (in your opinion) racist? "people of colour"? Is that better? "Non white"? or does that also make me a 'racist'???

I have just asked the wife if she is offended by me calling her 'colored', she laughed.

You need to stop 'acting' so offended, its pathetic! 👎


WIKIPEDIA

"In Great Britain, 'coloured' has also been used to refer to anyone who could not describe themselves as white."
 
Wow, these are the posts that get by now a days?

*shakes head*



Just because the humor went clean over your head doesn't make me racist!

Muslims ARE NOT a race, FFS!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back