Photographer recreates Scapes shots in reality.

• Thread starter LSFDRX
  • 6 comments
United States
United States
Thought this was too cool not to share.

Photographer Chris Rosales set out to combine his passions for driving games and photography by using the amazing capabilities of scapes to create identical images using real world locations around Los Angeles. The results are spectacular, and although my eyes are very well trained to recognize GT7 images as not being real, the results are amazing. His journey to find these spots (they aren't specifically identified in scapes, so it took a month of work to complete), his passion for cars, and how strong the influence of video games was for him tells a story about a journey I'm sure many of us can relate to.

The Drive - I recreated Gran Turismo photos in real life and I can't tell the difference

Untitled design.jpg

Untitled design (1).jpg

Untitled design (2).jpg

Had to convert rom webp file to jpeg and it fuzzed the pics up, so click the link to see them in high res.

Last edited:
I was going to start doing the UK ones... First from this year at Honister Pass although slightly the wrong angle and the wrong car (as it's not in GT7).
2023-11-19-13-46-32-846.jpg
IMG_20231119_132840.jpg

Although there is another thread for the scapes areas and a write up of peoples visits, there doesn't seem to actually be a thread of GT7 vs reality like for like images like what the OP post has achieved.

I think that would be a very interesting thread to see from all round the world.

And to make it more acurate, if you use 'open camera' on your phone, you can actually overlay the scape from GT7 whilst taking the picture (which I should have done to get the right angle).

Great detail even adding a parked car 👍🏻
Thanks! I probably should have changed the wheels on the parked car to match. haha.

If I was thinking ahead, I should have looked at the scape first before taking the pic of my truck. I was just driving by when I remembered the scape was there, and then jumped out real quickly and took the pic. Next time I'm going to plan it out a little better.

Great thread!
I was at Nurburgring in late September, it was an incredible experience. And since I really enjoy gt7 photomode, I took on a little project of recreating the livery of the car I rented and the pictures taken of me at the track.

:
48165D8B-4A63-473B-BE67-7290481D16AF.jpeg
31A4CF12-B00E-47F7-BE96-55E8F9CB73D6.jpeg
EEF098CB-8579-4311-A86D-BED6B8AAD5DE.jpeg
3152745D-23FC-40B5-ADAE-BBCEB2DCEA8F.jpeg
438EEDC8-3C94-4C1D-82BB-70BB4938B470.jpeg

Last edited:
Back