Photomode Magazine Cover Competition: Week 10

• Thread starter franz
  • 77 comments
Final Entry

What's with people covering (I mean literally blocking from view) their cars with text and pictures?

Orbit
Final Entry
What's with people covering (I mean literally blocking from view) their cars with text and pictures?

D'Oh! this is a magazine cover competition. Not just photo mode. Look at the competition guidelines. The judges are looking for composition, not just a nice photo of a car...there's a different thread for that :-p
Take a look at *any* car magazine and you'll see how it looks in real life. Text over pics? All the time.

abraham_love
D'Oh! this is a magazine cover competition. Not just photo mode. Look at the competition guidelines. The judges are looking for composition, not just a nice photo of a car...there's a different thread for that :-p
Take a look at *any* car magazine and you'll see how it looks in real life. Text over pics? All the time.

Couldnt have said it better myself 👍

btw- covering the images with text is one way.. i go with the minimalism.. top storys thats it, not the whole damn index, ya know? I'd rather see the cars.. thats what they paid to take pics of.

abraham_love
Text over pics? All the time.

Um, no.

Not on any respectable magazine, anyway.

Take a look here at a page of magazine covers and tell me how many cover everything but the front bumper of the car they're trying to promote!

Do as you please, but you've got to ask yourself whether you'd buy a particular magazine considering there are going to be twenty others on the rack.

vicious> your cover looks so cute! great job 👍

I will be out of town this weekend
and come back on sunday night
so the poll will be up when I get home
obviously I spent a whole day making a falken G35
and don't have time to work on my nissan mag
even I have taken some nice photos for that :(
anyhow ... great job everybody

FINAL ENTRY

I've been busy for a couple of weeks, sorry I haven't been able to participate. Good luck everyone!

Had to finish formula GT championship first before i could take photos for my cover, lucky, i guess im jsut in time. Only my 3rd entry, i think the idea is good, but i lack a bit in execution-

Final Entry

FINAL ENTRY All my other entries will be deleted.. i finally finished airbrushing the damn title... still not quite happy with it.. but its better than before:

Back