PhotoMode Panoramic Camera in multi-screen setups

GBO Possum

Not quite the oldest member. Yet.
Premium
United States
Massachusetts
GBO-Possum
I suggest the addition of an option for the camera in multi-screen setups, where the aspect ratio menu be extended to combine the multiple screen view into one super-wide panoramic image.

For example, in a triple screen system, the options would be:-

1x = 5760 * 1080 pixels

2x = 11520 * 2160 pixels

Yes, this would extend the processing time, so would be used selectively. GT6 has sped up PhotoMode processing, so the time taken should not be a problem for keen photographers.

The RAM limitations in the PS3 may be too great to allow processing of a single image of this size, in which case, I'd be happy to have the system create individual images for each screen, and leave it to me to paste them together on my Mac.

I suggest the addition of an option for the camera in multi-screen setups, where the aspect ratio menu be extended to combine the multiple screen view into one super-wide panoramic image.

For example, in a triple screen system, the options would be:-

1x = 5760 * 1080 pixels

2x = 11520 * 2160 pixels

Yes, this would extend the processing time, so would be used selectively. GT6 has sped up PhotoMode processing, so the time taken should not be a problem for keen photographers.

The RAM limitations in the PS3 may be too great to allow processing of a single image of this size, in which case, I'd be happy to have the system create individual images for each screen, and leave it to me to paste them together on my Mac.

Yes, PhotoMode with Multi-Screen, should trigger Each PS3 to take a snap Shot of it's own Screen
This wouldn't increase processing time at all , since each screen shot is being done by it's own PS3.

Then you could export the photos to USB and Composite them on your PC.

The Screens are already displaying the Final Image, they just aren't saving it.

And it's pretty cool in photo mode that you can Move the camera around and see it on all three screens at the same time..

All we need is for the Client screens to save their image too.

Yes, PhotoMode with Multi-Screen, should trigger Each PS3 to take a snap Shot of it's own Screen
This wouldn't increase processing time at all , since each screen shot is being done by it's own PS3.

Then you could export the photos to USB and Composite them on your PC.

The Screens are already displaying the Final Image, they just aren't saving it.

And it's pretty cool in photo mode that you can Move the camera around and see it on all three screens at the same time..

All we need is for the Client screens to save their image too.

Didn't think of that! Duh!! Of course it would make sense to use the processing power of the clients.

Brilliant!

The server would need to:-

Communicate the camera parameters to the clients
Tell them when to "shoot". (Or even have them pro-actively commence processing whenever the photographer stops moving the camera, and discard the results if more movement occurs)
Tell them to "Save" if required
Check with them for successful saving before advising completion on the server
Use a naming convention which would assist in identifying the photos in a "set".

Back