Photomode Tips

• Thread starter CDailey
  • 3 comments
United States
Alabama
Anyone have any tips for taking great photos in photomode? Seems like most of my photos look a little washed out and don't look nearly as good as some other photos I've seen. Maybe if we can get enough tips, we could have this thread as a reference for everyone.

Nice input...

On a less spammy note to the OP; the photos in FM4 tend to come out quite bright and colourful as standard to me. If they're seeming washed out then try adjusting the colour option a little. Turning it up by about 5 should make a noticeable difference but won't be too OTT or in your face.

The trick is to balance all of the settings that influence the colour a bit. Brightness, contrast, colour and exposure all affect each other, so adjusting one will often make it necessaty to adjust other values as well, at least a bit.

More importantly, though: Trial and error. This might sound stupid, but the best way to getting a good looking picture is to take it, upload it to FM.net and view it in your gallery. That way, you'll see what it looks like on a PC. You can, of course, take multiple pictures of the very same situation, adjusting your camera settings bit by bit as you go.

That way, you'll start to get an idea of what the picture should look like on your TV screen if you have a specific result in mind. It may take a bit of time and dedication to do so, but that's the best advise I can give you.

Also, I recommend getting a programme to edit your pictures afterwards. Adjusting brightness and contrast once you've downloaded the pictures helps the overall look a lot. Same for a bit of added noise, it makes a lot of difference. If you don't have such a programme, I'd think GIMP would be a great choice. It allows you to do lots of stuff and is free 👍

Back