Photoshop Compression Issue

• Thread starter RetroGiant
  • 15 comments
United States
Midnight City
RetroGiant
TheRetroGiant
When I open an image that I saved off my storefront in photoshop there seems to be a bunch of compression. Yet, when I open it in any other program such as "preview" (im on a mac), the compression doesn't seem nearly as bad. Same goes for when I upload the picture, not nearly as much compression as what photoshop is showing. Anyone know what would cause this? I've messed with the color profiles some but that doesn't seem to affect the compression.

iILyIQwahwjvA.jpg

Big shots have no compression I don't think.

Take one, upload it, download it from fm.net than work on resizing it in photoshop or something.

Also, I'm not noticing much if any compression on my photos that are uploaded. Maybe it's something wrong on your end?

FM standard photos indeed have compression. If you don't want compression, you have to upload and then download the Big Shots version. Keep in mind, they are about 20-24mb in size.

The actual forza compression wasn't the issue. It's photoshop showing more compression than what is really there. I found a work around for it though anyways so all is good and this thread can be closed.

Open the image in Preview first, then assign it the color profile sRGB, then save it, best quality. Then open it in photoshop and all should be right in the world.

I've found that Photoshop struggles with the colour red anyway, for some reason. Good to see that there's a workaround though!

This happened with FM2, but not 3. I found that by copying from Preview and opening in Photoshop did the same thing as saving it as sRGB.

VXR
This happened with FM2, but not 3. I found that by copying from Preview and opening in Photoshop did the same thing as saving it as sRGB.

I found that photos from FM3 had terrible compression issues no matter what you opened them with!

I have a Photoshop related issue with the images too, figured this would be a good place to post.

The images are saved from the website in .PNG format, but PS won't open them. Comes up with the message 'Could not complete your request because the file-format module cannot parse the file'.

Have any of you guys ran into this? I'm using PS CS3.

yup me too...so I just print screen it while in windows preview. a bit of a pain but tolerable with PS's batch function, I paste everything into one file and then export each layer.

I have a Photoshop related issue with the images too, figured this would be a good place to post.

The images are saved from the website in .PNG format, but PS won't open them. Comes up with the message 'Could not complete your request because the file-format module cannot parse the file'.

Have any of you guys ran into this? I'm using PS CS3.

Mine do this too, I have to open them with Preview and change the file type to sRGB, then save as a JPG file.

Back