Physical preorder - before release date in hands?

• Thread starter alex511
  • 12 comments
Germany
Germany
I’m asking me, Is it Possible, pre-orders could held it for example one day before release in hand?

i mean, when the big online shops guarantee, we will hold it in our hands on release date, one day for shipping in COVID times could be sometimes challenging and not long enough to get it in times to customer.

anyone had such a case in history or anyone did get GT Sport physical preorder earlier?

Last edited:
I was worried about postage delay so cancelled my pre order and pre ordered the digital version instead. I will be ready at midnight for go go go 😊

Physical. I had some credit left from GameStop for trading in my old PS4, and they only sell pre-orders of the physical version. They usually get the stuff on time, and even if it's a day late, I'm not too concerned about that.

Probably depends on shipping time. I just got an email this morning suggesting that my payment method was invalid, so I checked and I'm not able to edit it anyway. I re-confirmed my CVV number but couldn't change the payment method at all so I guess we'll see. I assumed mine was already paid for when I pre-ordered back in October.

Last edited:
Probably depends on shipping time. I just got an email this morning suggesting that my payment method was invalid, so I checked and I'm not able to edit it anyway. I re-confirmed my CVV number but couldn't change the payment method at all so I guess we'll see. I assumed mine was already paid for when I pre-ordered back in October.
I did the same mistake when I preordered my physical (unopened) GTS copy. They don’t charge you when you hit the button, they charge you when they ship it. It looks like you’re being charged but they refund it right away. I had close to 0 funds when they shipped mine so I was suddenly overdrawn on my account.

I remember GT6 was coming out, and (juuust before Blockbuster closed) they had it sitting there 2 days early. I tried to rent it or buy it, but the guy wouldn't let me.

Anyway, the next day I was heading home (I was away visiting relatives) and I stopped at EB games. The girl behind had put it on the shelves just before I got there (no disk though). I brought it to the counter and she was about to hand it to me, but was puzzled why it wasn't coming up on cash. She ALMOST overrode it, but said she better check with the manager. The gig was up, I had to wait a day

Edit - it may not have been Blockbuster at that point.....I'm hazy on the details

Last edited:
Back