Physics ALMOST fixed for GTHD

United States
Portland, OR
SileightyCyrus
SileightyCyrus
As some of you may have noticed in GT4, if you were to attempt a 360, if you are going slow enough (Which isn't THAT slow) it will automatically correct you. In a situation where a real car would keep spinning, it simply stops when you are facing the same way you were when you first started. That is among all the other problems with GT4, so whatever. Null.

GTHD however, has been fixed in a huge way. Sadly, I noticed the other day that if you were to perform a 360, at a slower speed than it would in GT4, it will still auto-correct you. It also refuses to let you spin the tires in reverse. The little throttle input meter built into the HUD kind of seems to display the clutch along with throttle. If you are to step half way on the gas, it displays half throttle, however at the beginning when it says "get on the throttle" the throttle meter is filled in blue to a certain extent, and then red for the rest, which leads me to believe it's clutch. When you floor it in reverse, the same happens, and the cars refuse to spin the tires more than would be allowed in a traction controlled vehicle.

Is PD trying to save us from anger when spinning out? That's what it seems like to me. But for people like me who like to really be able to throw their car around however they like, it's really freaking aggravating.

Not surprising. Hopefully they fix all that crap in GT5. I'd hate to see that when so much improvement has been made elsewhere.

Nice find Sil, i noticed the clutching as well. PD need to make sure that there is a no holds barred purist GT. Hell they should nclud difficulty level, full al pro, down to handicapped amateur. I do not care, just as long as they do not hold back the realism for any reason. Blu-Ray discs and the PS3 are more than enough for them to include multi-tier driver levels.

Another note, i do like the fact that R3 tires no longer meant you car had unimaginable road holding capability, this is definately shaping up well, now they should give more life to the surrounding areas, Eiger Nordwand is beautiful, but driving on it seems a bit lifeless, even with the 3d crowd. It's the invincible barriers and the fact that the shrubbery looks painted on. PD should take note from TDU, I want to see blades of grass. The scenery must have it's supporting cast in order to complete the immersion, while they are at it, add realtime cloud patterns too that affect the lighting.

PD really needs to take the route that F1CE is taking, and make ALL of those things optional. I think PD is just worried that if they let that happen, it'll exposes other "weaknesses" in their physics engine.

OMG so your saying that the clutch on the G25 might work:drool: im getting a ps3, 2 controllers and 4 games for NZ$1000(Roughly US$480) in a week:D

OMG so your saying that the clutch on the G25 might work:drool: im getting a ps3, 2 controllers and 4 games for NZ$1000(Roughly US$480) in a week:D

before you go and spend your cash, check out this forum and at the playstation and gamefaqs forums to see what other people have to say about that and gthd

to late lol. ive been wanting a ps3 forever and a day, and would've gotten one anyway (just so happens that deal is NZ$200 cheaper then a new PS3 in store with no extras), plus i already have a G25, am trying to sell my 360 and my most played games are the genki series's(TXR,KB and C1GP) along with the MGS series and, ofcourse, the granturismo 'franchise'. The only games i played on my 360 were TDU and forza. To me that doesn't warrent the purchase/(insert suitable word here) of a console. however all the aforementioned PS/PS2/PS3 stuff does, along with the fact that i already have a G25 etc.

Back