Pick-up Truck Challenge, Daytona Track

  • Thread starter Thread starter Daco
  • 13 comments
  • 7,581 views
Messages
37
Messages
DacoBirdman
How the heck do I beat this? Ive suped up my truck(Ram 1500 Laramie) to have 612hp, a fully customizable transmission, which I've tried topping out the max speed, and setting it to about 300. But still nothing. My racer even has the blue arrow pointing up right now.

But nothing. He constantly finishes in 5th or worse. Suggestions?
 
Are you talking about your B-spec?

For your transmission, you don't need to set the top speed at it's max.
Right when the race starts, keep pacing down the driver. He will eventually get to second or third place and just stay there for most of the race. On the last lap, tell your driver to overtake anyone in front of him. It worked for me but I barely won by one or two seconds.
 
There must be a better way. My car is way too over powered to be anywhere but miles ahead of the competition.
 
The problem is your truck. The ram is the heaviest/slowest/worst performing truck. Try to find a toyota tacoma x-runner in the used cars. It is the lightest truck and can easily out perform the rest with just a few modifications. The Chevrolet Silverado SST Concept is also another good choice but you will need to shorten the gears in it.
 
I have the Ford 150 SVT as well I believe, but no mods.
 
I used the F150. Tryed to let Bob use it a couple of times but he fell short so I invested some money in it. Full weight reduction and just over 600 hp and just kept telling him to pace up and overtake and he had no problem then.
 
Yeah, the Ram is the worst truck to use in that event. I had to buy every upgrade available and with a little luck my B-spec win it after losing 10 times :lol:
 
The Full Racing Transmission isn't really necessary, for starters, so the way you are setting up the gears may be what is causing you ire. Switch back to the stock tranny to simplify things, because the Ram will happily spin up to the top of 4th gear with around 600 horsepower, and use 5th mostly for the draft. I was able to win the race in B-Spec with only about 590 horsepower, Stage 3 weight reduction and Full Customization suspension.

The most important thing to do in the race is to time the overtake in the final lap. It is really important to complete the final pass on the first place car (usually the Toyota, but occasionally the Silverado) right at the end of the back straight, because the AI won't quite have enough oomph to catch back up to you coming out of the corner and pass you before you get to the finish line (the Silverado does, but it is rarely in the lead by the end of the race, and whether it can actually get by you is another story entirely anyways).
 
Last edited:
F-150 SVT with minimum weight, maximum power here. B-Spec driver had no problem at all. A-Spec should be doable with a bog-standard F-150 SVT.
 
This race was a biatch. My problem was my transmission limited my Lightning's top speed, and he'd be overtaken, so I got fully customisable.

Then I would start very well, but my driver would unnecessarily brake, and there was always this one truck which came and kept hitting my car in the rear, and almost spinning me out...but then we'd his a straight, and build up a lead (surprised he didn't brake on the straight :()...and it was enough to see off the other truck despite it snapping at Bob's heels.
 
Is this for A spec or B spec mode?

It took me awhile for a darn Truck to appear in the Used Car Dealer. I managed to get my hands on a Ford Lighting. All I had put on is, RTE, Cat, exhaust manifold, intake and sports intake manifold and I was able to easily creep by these guys. Just draft the car infront of you and don't bump into them and you'll fly by them.
 
Daco - did you try swapping back in the stock transmission?
 
I won this event in the Dodge RAM BY 0.01 OF a second >.<

I got a PSN trophy for it though :D
 
Back