Pics of my new Turbo

  • Thread starter Thread starter TS1AWD
  • 24 comments
  • 1,379 views
Messages
572
Over the weekend I installed my new Mitsubishi TD06-20G from Forced Performance. Have a look!

2005_0715Image0004.jpg


2005_0715Image0007.jpg


2005_0715Image0008.jpg


This turbo is good to about 27 psi and 450 AWHP, hits 20psi by 3600 rpms. With my supporting mods the car should be able to hit some high 11's on C16.




.
 
Nice 👍

Any pics of the car in full (That or I go hunting in the members car directory thread.)?
 
ExigeExcel
:ouch:

Ah you were the guy with the hidden intercooler! I remember that thread, nice to see the car coming along.
If you go to my cardomain site in my sig you can definatly tell that I do not have a hidden intercooler. I do not want it to be hidden, I like my cars smile :D I did have a thread where I had pics of the FMIC install.
 
20G, yum. There is just something I love about absurdly big turbos. Love it man, looks aces.

Hilg
 
gorgeous..

That thing makes your old turbo look like a turd.
but 16G's still can bring smiles.

Nice buy nice car nice mod.
 
Driftster
gorgeous..

That thing makes your old turbo look like a turd.
but 16G's still can bring smiles.

Nice buy nice car nice mod.
The 16G was a great turbo. It gave me 5 hard raced daily driven years and it was time for it to retire. I have had the 20G on for about a week now and all I can say is wow. Right now I have it set at a moddest 15psi and it pulls just as hard as my 16G did at 22psi on C12. I can't wait to put some C16 in the car and open it up to 25 psi :crazy: It is an excellent all around street/race turbo. It does really well on pump gas and has an excellent spool for that size of wheel with crazy top end pull for an AWD. I give it an excellent review.
 
TS1AWD
The 16G was a great turbo. It gave me 5 hard raced daily driven years and it was time for it to retire. I have had the 20G on for about a week now and all I can say is wow. Right now I have it set at a moddest 15psi and it pulls just as hard as my 16G did at 22psi on C12. I can't wait to put some C16 in the car and open it up to 25 psi :crazy: It is an excellent all around street/race turbo. It does really well on pump gas and has an excellent spool for that size of wheel with crazy top end pull for an AWD. I give it an excellent review.

I also have a turbo. :sly: A Mitsubishi TD05. It's pumping 7 (seven!) psi of boost. And you call 15 pounds MODEST?! I need a boost controller. Congrats on the purchase, though! 👍
 
Great to see modifications 👍
 
is that a 16g or a B16g? is it still in good condition? wanna sell it?

Edit: i see that your not running a 1G or 2G MAF, also dont see stand alone. You running a VPC?
 
MrktMkr1986
I also have a turbo. :sly: A Mitsubishi TD05. It's pumping 7 (seven!) psi of boost. And you call 15 pounds MODEST?!
I won't even mention what my "street" boost is then. HA HA :lol: :cool:

You have to remember. Us DSMers are a very boost hungry bunch. 15psi is basically the ground floor, and it just gets much bigger. Hell, the Evo runs 22psi stock. The 4G63 engine just loves boost.

Hilg
 
Well done, TS1AWD.
 
Nice turbo man! Hate to say this, but I kinda don't like your car.. But I'm european.. We don't have cars like that..
 
German Muscle
is that a 16g or a B16g? is it still in good condition? wanna sell it?
Edit: i see that your not running a 1G or 2G MAF, also dont see stand alone. You running a VPC?
The 16G went into my other Talon so sorry, no sale.
And yes the car is running VPC.
 
Beautiful car! 👍 I bet it's unbeatable in rain. :D
 
How much power is that car pushing?
 
TS1AWD
...or snow... or gravel... or big hills :sly:
Snow. HA HA HA, I laugh at thee. :lol: :lol:

Thats probably the thing I love most about my car. Its real fast, but its just as fast all year. So fun to put the Blizzaks on in the winter and go out for some fun when it snows before they plow. People always look at you like "Oh great, his little sports car is going to be big-time stuck" And then the light goes green and you're across the intersection before they even realize what happened. Love it.

Hilg
 
ND4SPD
How much power is that car pushing?
I have never dyno'd it but it should be doing around 380 down to all 4 wheels, so around 450 at the flywheel. It really isn't nothing to write home about in the DSM world, JNasty knows...
 
Yea. Its making great power for sure. The 20G is a big MF. I'd say 400hp to the wheels isn't out of the question. But as you said, in the world of DSMs, 400hp is kind of the norm. Good bolt-ons, turbo, more boost and some tuning can hit that number every time. Thats why is fairly common. These cars just explode with power once the mods start coming. Its a good number though. The 400hp level is nothing to mock.

And, at that power, you can still drive the car on a very daily basis, and not worry about breaking things. Once you get too far beyond that level, it gets a little more sketchy. I mean, I can drive mine every day if I want. I just have to live with a stiff clutch, roll cage, 8mpg, lots of loud noises, and some lag. It can be done, but its just not fun. The 400hp level is much more bearable, and works great on the street.

Hilg
 
Back