Pictures in 3840 x 2160 resolution can't open, please help!

  • Thread starter Thread starter kennylmao
  • 5 comments
  • 2,717 views
Messages
3,871
Chad
Chad
Messages
kennylmao
I have a noob-ish question. I took some pictures in Photo Travel and used magnification 2x to get a larger/better quality picture. The resolution is 3840 x 2160. I then copied the pictures to my computer. So I wanted to do some minor auto balance editing to it but when I opened the file with Microsoft Photo Editor, it says 'Error reading file'. I have no problem opening the normal 1920 x 1080 size pictures. Can anyone help me with this? :nervous:
 
Buy Photoshop.

Edit: If you don't have the cash for that, download gimp. Oh yeah, and delete Microsoft Photo Editor. Erase it off your hard drive. It will be a better world with one less of these.
 
Buy Photoshop.

Edit: If you don't have the cash for that, download gimp. Oh yeah, and delete Microsoft Photo Editor. Erase it off your hard drive. It will be a better world with one less of these.

Okay, I already downloaded gimp, but it doesn't seem to have an auto balance feature. I'm a noob at photoshop-ing, so I don't really know how to change the brightness, contrast and stuff manually. :(
 
1. If you don't think you'll be editing much, you can get the demo of Photoshop and use it for a month or so.

2. Auto balance assumes there is something wrong with the colors. Since GT5's in game camera doesn't need to worry about white balance and doesn't tint an image unless you tell it to, what you probably want to adjust is the curve.
http://docs.gimp.org/en/gimp-tool-curves.html

This will let you adjust the contrast with fine accuracy.
 
Back