Pikes Peak

• Thread starter jaytmtb
  • 9 comments
Ireland
Dublin
jaytmtb
I wonder if PD is ever going to redo the Pikes Peak track in Gran Turismo 7, the last time
it was featured in GT was Gran Turismo 2
I think the Gran Turismo 2 version of Pikes Peak wasn't an exact copy of the original one
Hears a Youtube vid on Pikes Peak

Well, in GT2 it had a supposed 2.6 miles and could be done well under two minutes, while the real stuff has 12.5 miles is just shy of 8 minutes.

So is pretty safe to say that it isn't a exact copy of the real one.

Nowadays the hardware has the capability to manage the whole extent of the course, so no reason to not have it.
Don't know what direction PD is going, as a time trial stage could be of less use on Sport Mode, so not such a priority, but with 12.5 miles still could be raceable with multiple cars, from start to finish (12.5 miles is about the same as 18 laps in Catalunya Rallycross Layout), Sega Rally style, so to say.

Last edited:
It's getting ever clearer in my mind that the only reason PD locked up Pikes Peak exclusivity is simply so that they could, and other, more capable developers couldn't actually use it.

Say what you will about exclusivity about car brands, at least they get used. What has Polyphony done in the time since they locked Pikes Peak down? They've had two games to use it and show absolutely no signs of adding it.

It's getting ever clearer in my mind that the only reason PD locked up Pikes Peak exclusivity is simply so that they could, and other, more capable developers couldn't actually use it.

Say what you will about exclusivity about car brands, at least they get used. What has Polyphony done in the time since they locked Pikes Peak down? They've had two games to use it and show absolutely no signs of adding it.
Maybe with the current team they are not capable of creating and bringing it to the game.

Back