Pirelli rally. The begining.

obsessive rules

(Banned)
United Kingdom
CARLISLEcumbria
warmachine277-
It's hard to believe how much Carlisle changed. In a day it went from a sleepy city full of hoodies filling up on McDonald's and 30 year olds window shopping to the beginning of the 2012 kielder pirelli rally. A bustling crowd all poking and prodding the fiesta st rally cars, men with cameras snapping the milk liveried skoda Fabia. Men in nomex suits shaking hands with 5 year olds and signing posters as a man announces the drivers names and cars.

I find my self in amongst the crowds. Finding the lady with the basket of milk, yes milk. Chocolate, strawberry and banana milk. That's not why I'm here though. A man on an orange cycle stops dead. He stopped at the sight of the grid girls. Skin bare in the chilling breeze, yes this is the best thing in carlisle since radio 1 visited last year.

Right. The clock tower chimes and the speakers blurt out the details of car number 1. A ds3 rally whose driver won last year. He burbles of down Carlisle high street. Many cars do the same. None more memorable than the ds3 in green liveries. It was the best sound ever, coughing and spluttering. Cackling and sending shivers down my spine. Brilliant.

Isn't it funny how old men and toddlers, men and women are united for one cause, Motorsport. The best day of my life? No. That goes to pendragon rally 2010.

Back