Piscot's racing RIG

• Thread starter piscota
  • 11 comments
Slovakia
Senec
Hey everyone, I want to show&share my homemade RIG.

At first – my english is not my native language, so some things I can not explain properly, sorry for that and I hope you'll understand what I'm trying to write here : D

I bought G27 year ago and I was very tired about mounting wheel on table every time i wanted to play/drive, so i decided to buy/make rig for my little wheel baby :).

First idea was to buy some cheap race rig somewhere on web/store.
I found FK automotive game seat as the cheapest option for me, looks nice, simple and sturdy, but I'm studing and my financial income is insufficient, so... no money-no honey :D

I started thinking about diy rig, drawing sketches and ideas for days 💡.... looked around house, what i could use for build the rig. I found usefull material (wooden boards, old car seats, car carpet, screws and other connecting material, etc.) buy some missing screws and jumped to work.

I made rig from wood. Only thing i paid for was some screws. I cutted wooden boards according to my "blueprints“, connected it all together, painted cutted edges with synthetic paint, put car seat on it, tested it etc...
... I don't have any shots of the work progress with wood, because I was very busy about work and dirty so I didn't take a photo...

trnh.jpg

p1ys.jpg

I did the Chilicoke's shifter mod (more stiffer, e-brake cables preparation) feel really better (thanks to Chilicoke :)), so i did pedal reverse mount too. For now it is all.

6925.jpg

xmkw.jpg

cdiq.jpg

Later i want to do a little more reinforcement for even more sturdyness of rig and it will be great...

Some pics:
8qp8.gif

bx5b.jpg

fvp1.jpg
v5od.jpg

pthr.jpg

wwvt.jpg

u7fs.jpg

gcs3.jpg

Over time i will be upgrading (and uploaing new pics, updates&upgrades, but now i have not enought money.
As a next step i wanna make diy sequential shifter and get some usefull hand brake, buy GTeye brake spring,... and revive my (gamepad) vibration motors on brake pedal :grumpy:, then i want to buy some sixaxis controller and make buttonbox working with PS3...
...also triple screen will be awesome mmmm = dreeeam :D

here is my "upgrade sketch" :)

29n3.jpg

Hope u understood and like it :)

Back