Pit control

• Thread starter NommyNom
  • 7 comments
United States
United States
nommy44
wouldnt it be fun if we could start controlling our cars within pit lane? Everyone would be ghosted of course to avoid a giant fuster cluck and it would just be you vs the clock. Keep it within the speed limit (penalties for speeding muahaha), know your box number, stop within a highlighted area to get work done, etc.

Just a thought. Another aspect of driver skill and efficiency to include that could make strategies more interesting.

Or it could be too involved and those who are inexperienced could suffer.

Not expecting it to be implemented, but would be a welcome addition :)

Could be used for FIA races maybe and a option for lobbies.

But, again, don't see that happening :)

Project Cars 2 says hello. You can do all of that there.
Sure. But it’s ok to wish for it to come to GT too, isn’t it? He’s just as right to wish for that as the ones still wishing for a GT open world game/mode. You don’t shove Forza Horizon in their faces just because they want something similar for GT ;)

Sure. But it’s ok to wish for it to come to GT too, isn’t it? He’s just as right to wish for that as the ones still wishing for a GT open world game/mode. You don’t shove Forza Horizon in their faces just because they want something similar for GT ;)

I think the point of his post is that PCars 2 is closer to Sim than Cade, than GT Sport is at least.

If you want (unnecessary) realism depth you can satiate that with Pcars2, but development time can be better allocated on GT Sport. Which I agree with.

I think the point of his post is that PCars 2 is closer to Sim than Cade, than GT Sport is at least.

If you want (unnecessary) realism depth you can satiate that with Pcars2, but development time can be better allocated on GT Sport. Which I agree with.
You got all that from those two lines :lol:.

I think your forgetting that GTS pit experience is really a step backwards from what was given with GT6.

I like GTS's Pit gameplay,it's a good example of game-y elements used right,the game doesn't lose your time waiting for you to get out of the pit it jumps you straight into the exit,it might not be realistic but it's practical as hell(i wouldn't mind a more realistic option it's just my observation).

You got all that from those two lines :lol:.

I think your forgetting that GTS pit experience is really a step backwards from what was given with GT6.
+1

I like GTS's Pit gameplay,it's a good example of game-y elements used right,the game doesn't lose your time waiting for you to get out of the pit it jumps you straight into the exit,it might not be realistic but it's practical as hell(i wouldn't mind a more realistic option it's just my observation).

A cinematic pit is all good and nice to watch, but with a long entry means seconds staring at your crew just standing there like idiots. It makes me cringe.

Plus the fact you can’t take photos in the pit.
Plus plus you can’t see other cars in the pit. Immersion killer deluxe. That pop-in pop-out is stupid.

Back