Pit frustration

• Thread starter foxdylan
  • 25 comments
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
foxdylan
Is it me ?
Messed up a few pit stops now by skipping the re fule because am sat there button bashing thinking whats going on !!!!!
Pull into the pits , cuts to tyre choice ... Great set of them and then .... ..... ..... wheres my car ? .... it was just pulling in .... feel like I'm waiting for a bus ..... has it got lost !!! Times ticking by cars are overtaking me i was like 20 yards away what am i not pressing
Click skip fuel car pulls in changes tyres and runs out of fuel next lap ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH .

The worst are the pitlanes which have a chicane on the way in. Accelerate out of the chicane and instinctively press 'x' to shift up right as the tyre choice appears.

It really is a stupidly designed system.

Just take it easy.

There is an issue with pit stops, PD decided to consume all the time lost on the pit lane on pit entry (in some way, if not accurate, is more fair, specially in sport mode, as everybody gets the same time to decide and select which tires and so on, the guy in the first pit doesn't need to rush with selection, just to wait +20 seconds just to reach the exit of the pit lane, once the stop is made).
Once you finish your pit stop and your cars jumps from the pit space it goes immediately to pit lane exit and you take control. The time lost at speed limit on pit lane should be correct, I believe, they just make us consume it on entry to get more time to consider our options.

It may be accurate but waiting 32 seconds for your car to pull up at LeMans is sure frustrating at first - I go and make a cup of tea now. 😂

I noticed on the new Spa endurance race, you actually see your car drive down the pit lane before boxing, then drive out to the exit as well, rather than teleporting in both cases. Has this been fixed on other circuits as well? I haven't tried any others yet.

I swear they timed the new spa lay out pit lane to fall perfect in length for your next instictive upshift to coincidence with the skipping tyre change cut scene .

Arghhhhh haha 😄 nooo

I noticed on the new Spa endurance race, you actually see your car drive down the pit lane before boxing, then drive out to the exit as well, rather than teleporting in both cases. Has this been fixed on other circuits as well? I haven't tried any others yet.
I've tried Spa and like the new method. Only tried pitting at LeMans since and it's still the same - watching the pit crew fanny about for..... 32 seconds!

EDIT - forgot I did Monza today too, still the same but not such a long wait.

Last edited:
You still jump the F1 pitlane but it's better than nothing.
However as of yet it's also the only track where it happens and I have yet to see traffic in it (with both me in the pits and outside of it) which would be quite nice actually.

The first time I ever pitted in GT7 I was wondering what the broken hell was going on. Once I realised that I can change or skip tire changes with one press of X, then hands off the wheel for the fuel.....I learned to LOVE this new way of doing things. Depending on the track, the pit lane wait times allow me to take a drink or eat something lol.

The worst are the pitlanes which have a chicane on the way in. Accelerate out of the chicane and instinctively press 'x' to shift up right as the tyre choice appears.

It really is a stupidly designed system.
This have happened to me as well. At a point I was almost thinking of changing the button to upshift. If only the game had the circle as the confirm button.

If only the game had the circle as the confirm button.
Doesn't the PS allow re-mapping of the controller itself? You could just swap X and O and then set upshift to what is now O and handbrake (or whatever else) to X.

Doesn't the PS allow re-mapping of the controller itself? You could just swap X and O and then set upshift to what is now O and handbrake (or whatever else) to X.
Yes in the options, you can hit r1 to get to controller setting and re-map each button/stick to your liking.

At a point I was almost thinking of changing the button to upshift.
I use square and circle for shifting so I don't have a muscle memory difference compared to other games such as Forza and Wreckfest where you want the clutch on X.

It does but I’m to used to upshift with x. Doesn’t matter since my g29 is in the mail. I’ll hay bigger issues in the next few months/years 😂

Last edited:
It does but I’m to used to upshift with x.
You will keep doing that only that now your O on the controller actually presses X ingame and vice versa. Then just map O to upshift ingame and you're done :D

Have fun with the wheel :cheers:

Just done it again at Spa FFS! Fortunately first pit stop so 'only' 20 min wasted.

There's no way I'm remapping my brain to shift with different buttons. Am too old and obstinate for that.

Bleedingly obvious fix for this would be to not have the cursor over any button when the tyre selection menu appears. Does my nut in that game developers can be apparently oblivious to something like this.

Last edited:
You will keep doing that only that now your O on the controller actually presses X ingame and vice versa. Then just map O to upshift ingame and you're done :D

Have fun with the wheel :cheers:
Will try 😝

I don’t now I’m if you can map circle to be the confirm button

Just done it again at Spa FFS! Fortunately first pit stop so 'only' 20 min wasted.

There's no way I'm remapping my brain to shift with different buttons. Am too old and obstinate for that.

Bleedingly obvious fix for this would be to not have the cursor over any button when the tyre selection menu appears. Does my nut in that game developers can be apparently oblivious to something like this.
It is doubly frustrating on circuits where it is not clear where the line is between the pit lane entry and the pit lane proper... I think Le Mans is an example where there's either no line or it is not clear, and hence you have no warning when to lift your finger off X and end up selecting the tyre you are currently on, which can often wreck your race.

I swear this game penalises you for diving into the pits at full speed. I just finished the Gr3 race at Daytona, and lost 5 seconds to the leader (and 2 places) when I left the pits.

There should be a way to go back to the prevoius selection (tyres or fuel) to change your selection before the car comes to a stop.It wouldn't be that hard to code, though I have to say I've only accidentally skipped a tyre change once.

They should even make you select those changes before you actually go in the pit like F1 games
Not sure on that, in Formula 1 IRL drivers discuss and everything is verbal, in a game you have to take your eye off the track to start messing with menus.

It can be done, you can do it when your on a straight section etc. but I think the best time to do it for gameplay purposes is during the pit box approach, which is where it currently is. All they need to do is allow you to change what you've selected before you actually come to a stop.

Last edited:
Back