Pit Glitch at Laguna Seca

  • Thread starter Thread starter spdu4ea
  • 7 comments
  • 3,261 views
Messages
157
(searched and saw a similar glitch mentioned for B-spec here: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=141395)

When pitting in the Laguna Seca A-spec endurance race, the AI takes over the controls just before the sharp hairpin. This is OK as long as you enter the pits slower than necessary, but if you enter the pits at a reasonable pace the AI will stop braking when it takes over and you'll bump into the wall straight on. Depending on the severity of the bump, you may regain control momentarily. Unfortunately the pit-stop option menu will go transparent so even when AI once again takes over and drives the rest of the way down pit road, you won't be able to see what tires/fuel you're selecting (there will be a mouse on the screen toggling between the 3 invisible options). Click the bottom option to OK whatever the default choice is, otherwise your crew will stand their with their thumbs up their rears while traffic passes you by...
 
It happens if you cut the turn into pit row to sharply and touch the dirt as well :grumpy:
 
This was true in GT4 as well...enter the pits too hot, sometimes the game can't handle it when it takes your car over. Best recipe is to SLOW DOWN. Thanks for the heads-up, though.
 
Also, depending on restrictions online, you can sometimes get a short-cut penalty if you need to pit. Awesome.

:grumpy:
 
When doing Indy 500 I hit the edge of the wall between pit and race track, so the car got "re-spawned" like when you get upside-down.
The strange thing is that it just drove through the pit afterwards and I had to pit the next lap too, just because I didn't get any tire change or fuel.
My crew probably wondered what the **** I was doing.

This is kinda hard to explain since english is not my primary language.
Hope you understand.
 
Understood, and awesome car for your avatar there. DLC with a Mercedes C111 please PD :)
 
Wow this still hasn't been sorted out? I just went into the pits on the 200mile Endurance... I wasn't coming in too hot or anything I slowed right down. And the same glitch occured.
 
Happened to me too yesterday when running the enduro. I think I cut the corner a bit on pit entry. No real harm done, except that I ended up gettting a full tank of fuel instead of a little over half, costing me ~30sec
 
Back