Pit Lane + Lap Counter Glitch

RacingKing89674
I was racing in the Nations Cup yesterday, and experienced a weird glitch.

A breakdown of what happens in the video:
0:00 - I'm in the zone, chasing the pack ahead. Decent-ish pace. Lap counter working fine.

1:58 - I spin out and lose my focus.

(Timestamp) 2:39 - I spin out again because I'm just so out of it now. My mistake gives me a good opportunity to enter the pits early, but I'm reset back out when I do so. Crucially, I get reset past the start-finish line, so my lap counter doesn't increment. It stays on lap 8. I didn't realize this at the time.

4:14 - After driving all of lap 8 over again, I try to enter the pits properly this time. Again I get reset out past the line and again my lap counter stays at 8. I now notice that I'm stuck on lap 8, as the positions are messed up. I'm ahead of 16th-place Turismo-lester on track and right behind 15th-place CnF_dibblr, but am showing as 17th.

4:57 - The annoying blue flag, worn tires, and realization of the glitch make me spin out again. My first time ever quitting a Sport mode race.

I think this is caused by the sketchy way PD patched the old "reversing into the pits to skip a lap" exploit. The game thought I was trying to cheat both times, so my entire 8th lap was reset twice. I know I didn't enter the pits in the cleanest manner the first time, but since when are there pit entry/exit rules? For example, the white lines aren't enforced. So, just a PSA I guess: be careful with how you enter the pits lol.

Btw my MFD is on the useless course map, because the T300 still has the stupid MFD+ glitch preventing me from watching my fuel without it randomly switching to a slower map automatically every few laps.

The first time you entered the pits, you were actually driving the wrong way on the track, so that reset makes sense.

But it is weird that the next time you tried to pit, after completing a full lap 8 it reset you back to lap 8.

I've had experience of that as well actually but thanks to Downhill Dino's post it's explained as I tried to cross after the pit
light.

Back