Pit stop… what is the key to good pit stop

• Thread starter Judoshakin
  • 10 comments
United States
United States
I’m just getting into gt7 and I seem to be struggling with the pit stop on the daily race. I played a lot of gts but never did the race’s requiring pit stops. What is the key to a good pit stop or is there one? Can I only get a little bit of gas or do I have to wait until it’s full? Also on tires, can I just swap to another set of RM tires or do I have to swap to RH?

You can stop the fuel at any time you like after 1 laps worth. Where you stop it is up to you, depending how long you want to go without stopping again. Four laps to go? Stop it at four laps or a little less if you fuel save.

What is the key to a good pit stop or is there one?
Maximise pit entry speed, but watch out for the lines both going in and going out or you'll get a penalty.
Can I only get a little bit of gas or do I have to wait until it’s full?
You don't have to put any in, but once it has started you can hit "X" to stop fuelling at any point. Keep an eye on your fuel consumption and plan to have sufficient fuel to cover the laps until your next stop (or the end of the race) at the rate you intend to consume it.

Every car has a 100-litre tank.

Also on tires, can I just swap to another set of RM tires or do I have to swap to RH?
That depends on the race requirements. If a certain tyre type is mandatory, you must use that tyre type on at least one lap during the race or you'll get a penalty of a minute. If multiple types of tyre are mandatory, you must use all of those tyre types on at least one lap during the race or you'll get a penalty of a minute.

Otherwise you are free to choose what tyre types you wish to use and in whichever order you choose.

For reference, it doesn't count as a lap if you pit on the final lap with the chequered flag waving, nor if you pit immediately after the race starts - which you can only do if you're very far down the grid. However you can pit at the end of the first lap or for the start of the final lap and this will count as one lap of using the tyres.

You have to use both sets of tires.
If you're talking about this week's Daily Race C at Brands Hatch, no you don't. The Hard tyre is mandatory, so you only have to use that one. The Medium tyre is also available but not mandatory.

You can therefore run any strategy you want - even no-stopping - so long as you use Hards on at least one lap.

Use FM to save gas and if you’re using the right car for the race you can get away with a 1 stop, or in some cases no stopping. If you have to pit there is nothing to make it go faster as you can’t say mash the X button to speed things up. You can switch to whatever tire you want that you have purchased as long as the race allows for it. You can’t mix and match hardness during pit stops though, you have to go full set of whichever type you choose. You can stop the refill at any time, you don’t have to get a full tank every time.

Yeah, entered the Brands Hatch race and did not read race requirements last night. Never pitted in first race and got 1 minute penalty. Second race pitted once for a splash and got 3 second pit line cross and 1 minute penalty. Figured it out in third race lol.

Maximise pit entry speed, but watch out for the lines both going in and going out or you'll get a penalty.

You don't have to put any in, but once it has started you can hit "X" to stop fuelling at any point. Keep an eye on your fuel consumption and plan to have sufficient fuel to cover the laps until your next stop (or the end of the race) at the rate you intend to consume it.

Every car has a 100-litre tank.

That depends on the race requirements. If a certain tyre type is mandatory, you must use that tyre type on at least one lap during the race or you'll get a penalty of a minute. If multiple types of tyre are mandatory, you must use all of those tyre types on at least one lap during the race or you'll get a penalty of a minute.

Otherwise you are free to choose what tyre types you wish to use and in whichever order you choose.

For reference, it doesn't count as a lap if you pit on the final lap with the chequered flag waving, nor if you pit immediately after the race starts - which you can only do if you're very far down the grid. However you can pit at the end of the first lap or for the start of the final lap and this will count as one lap of using the tyres.

If you're talking about this week's Daily Race C at Brands Hatch, no you don't. The Hard tyre is mandatory, so you only have to use that one. The Medium tyre is also available but not mandatory.

You can therefore run any strategy you want - even no-stopping - so long as you use Hards on at least one lap.
On the daily race.. I’m guessing you have to run a full set of hard atleast 1 lap. So you couldn’t start race front RM and rear RH, then swap to say RM on pit stop?

On the daily race.. I’m guessing you have to run a full set of hard atleast 1 lap. So you couldn’t start race front RM and rear RH, then swap to say RM on pit stop?

Sport Mode doesn't allow you to run mixed compounds. There was a time in GT Sport when you could, but they patched it out.

Also: watch for the diamond symbol when fueling. It gives you the aproxximate amount of fuel you need to get to the end of the race.
Which now has a bug, because they changed how the lap counter works for some tracks. When you pit e.g. at Spa, the lap counter used to increase only when you left the pits, but now it changes when you enter the pits. That means that the remaining laps when the pitstop is actually executed is smaller by 1, and therefore the "fill-to suggestion" proposes fuel for 1 lap too few.

Which now has a bug, because they changed how the lap counter works for some tracks. When you pit e.g. at Spa, the lap counter used to increase only when you left the pits, but now it changes when you enter the pits. That means that the remaining laps when the pitstop is actually executed is smaller by 1, and therefore the "fill-to suggestion" proposes fuel for 1 lap too few.
I thought that this was happening, but I wasn’t axing attention. I always keep a running lap count in my head and couldn’t figure out why their little mark on the refill bar seems to always be short. I assumed I was just imagining it and didn’t really give it much thought.

Back