Pit stop repairs.

  • Thread starter Thread starter fcautoX
  • 12 comments
  • 2,340 views
Messages
64
Messages
GTP_fcautoX
I think in GT5 the pit crew should be able to do extensive repairs on a given car. This could mean banging dents out, patching torn up bodywork, driving to the pit if you get flat tires, and fixing minor machanical problems. And accordingly set you back by a certain amount of time in the race. Also i think fuel shoul be a factor. Kas did say he was doing somthing with damage that had never been done before, and we now know that the flag system will be implimented. Anyone think that PD could make this happen?
 
533px-NASCAR.svg.png

+
DUCT.gif

=
Win!​

But we already have enough damage threads. ;)
 
I'm not sure PD will go to the extent of patching cars with duct tape, but I imagine things like mid-race bumper and hood replacement will be implemented.

I've also noticed PD has their own style of pit stops. Because no matter the racing series (excluding WRC), the pit crew is always the same, 4 tire carriers/changers, 1 gas man, 1 chief mechanic. And although each racing series has different kinds of pit stops, I'm fine with PD's style.
 
But what about setting you back for big repairs? Thats what is most important to me. It would make endurance races alot more interesting in my opinion.
 
You´ve seen the Forza 3 pit stops? every pit stop, even in games from 1990 are better =) So we get an animated pit crew, I think that´s enough... To change every different bumper from every different car can´t be done... they will need tons of different animations for each car and bumper... so we will get GT5 never...
 
I was hoping for sutch a feature. Like someone said a few posts ago, it would make the endurance races a lot more interesting. Just imagine crashing just before the last turn before the big straight on the Nurburgring and losing a bumper or two, hood smashed in, and a flat tire...

Then having to drive along the side of the road on that HUGE straight towards pit lane. At night.. In the rain... With only one headlight working.... Gahhhhhhh I can only imagine!
 
You´ve seen the Forza 3 pit stops? every pit stop, even in games from 1990 are better =) So we get an animated pit crew, I think that´s enough... To change every different bumper from every different car can´t be done... they will need tons of different animations for each car and bumper... so we will get GT5 never...

From the video that is now on the homepage, GT5 looks much more alive than Forza 3, with the pitcrew and tv crew.

And indeed about the 1990s games... even the Super Monaco GP pitstops look better :-)
 
This isn't a damage thread. It's a pit stop thread.

It is a fix the damage in the pit thread. In my eyes it is a damage thread in disguise. Sorry but that is how I see it and we have several damage threads all ready and I am sure that fixing it in the pits was mentioned in at least one of them. It just didn't get the recognition you thought it deserved. So now I am curious why you singled me out when I was only agreeing with another poster.
 
Back