pitstops

• Thread starter Hondahank
  • 12 comments
Canada
Canada
hondahank
Can anyone tell me why my pitstops are always slower that the cars behind me????? I go into the pits with a 2 second lead and come out with a 2 or 3 second deficit. I only take on the fuel needed to complete the race but always come out behind the cars that were behind me. Can anyone explain why this is happening??????? Thanks

Can anyone tell me why my pitstops are always slower that the cars behind me????? I go into the pits with a 2 second lead and come out with a 2 or 3 second deficit. I only take on the fuel needed to complete the race but always come out behind the cars that were behind me. Can anyone explain why this is happening??????? Thanks
Perhaps the folks behind you have been fuel-saving and as such don’t need to take on as much fuel?

Cars behind you may have saved more fuel in the first part of the race, so need less when they pit saving time when they stop. There is also a glitch at Fuji where if you tap the wall on the way in to the pits you get a quicker pit stop, but don't think this happens anywhere else.

Cars behind you may have saved more fuel in the first part of the race, so need less when they pit saving time when they stop. There is also a glitch at Fuji where if you tap the wall on the way in to the pits you get a quicker pit stop, but don't think this happens anywhere else.
Thanks for the response, I have tried saving fuel and even taking less fuel I lost positions. I guess my pit crew just sucks!

Save your replays and analyse. They might not be changing tyres, the tyre deg in sport races is rarely high enough to warrant a change of boots.

If you have a replay check your opponents fuel gauge as they're entering the pits. If they have more watch them to see how they're saving. Also, some cars can save a lot of fuel by short shifting, without losing much time.

Thanks for the response, I have tried saving fuel and even taking less fuel I lost positions. I guess my pit crew just sucks!

Different cars have different fuel usage and short shifting is ridiculously efficient in this game to save fuel. You need to drive MT to remain competitive in races with fuel use.

Save your replays and analyse. They might not be changing tyres, the tyre deg in sport races is rarely high enough to warrant a change of boots.
Thanks for the suggestions, I will try some of these . I did try to save fuel by changing the setting of rich but I could not maintain speed and it made no difference at refueling, still slow. Tire wear is excessive so I am sure that all are changing them.

Does the time between in which you drive into the pits and when you click the desired tyres and the “do not refuel” button impact your pit stop time?

Does the time between in which you drive into the pits and when you click the desired tyres and the “do not refuel” button impact your pit stop time?

No. The speed at which you enter the pit might have some influence on the speed you exit. On some tracks if you botch the pit entry (ping pong into the pit) you have a chance people pass you while leaving the pit (drive through you on exit)

Of course if you don't press the tire change button at all, you will sit in the pit until the race ends.

Thanks for the suggestions, I will try some of these . I did try to save fuel by changing the setting of rich but I could not maintain speed and it made no difference at refueling, still slow. Tire wear is excessive so I am sure that all are changing them.
I find short-shifting to be much better for fuel-saving when compared to changing fuel mix.

Latest Posts

Back